Canada Kicks Ass
McGuinty close to third consecutive Ontario majority

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

peck420 @ Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:12 pm

So, questions about healthcare means death panels?

Where is the golf clap emoticon...

bootlegga @ Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:49 pm

Curtman Curtman:
bootlegga bootlegga:
saturn_656 saturn_656:
If Curtman lived in Ontario, he wouldn't be grinning so wide.

Another four years of tax hikes and irresponsible government, fuck me. :(

He lives in Manitoba, which has been NDP for how long now - i think he knows all about tax hikes! :lol:

Oh yeah. Its just horrible.

$1:
Tax cuts include modest increases in the basic personal income tax exemption of $250 a year for the next four years ($1,000 in total). There are also improvements to several tax credits and the creation of a new children’s arts and cultural activity tax credit to help offset the costs of such things as music, drama and art instruction as well as personal tutoring.

The province expects a family of four to save $212 in the coming year due to its tax-cutting measures. The tax cuts are expected to remove 5,600 Manitobans from tax rolls in 2011 and 22,000 by 2014.

McFadyen said he was pleased to see "a lot of new initiatives in the budget" that his party has been calling for for a long time, including increasing policing levels and investments in schools, hospitals and other community infrastructure.

Guess you've never heard of an invention called SARCASM...c'est la vie! :lol:

OnTheIce @ Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:09 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
You Conservatives keep whining about increasing taxes, but what alternative is there? Provincial budgets aren't like the Federal one, with many areas to cut. Provincial budgets are almost exclusively healthcare and education and, sorry to say, having quality healthcare and education is expensive. But it's also money well spent. Suck it up and pay for it. .

Many of us Conservatives have no problem paying more taxes to get better service.

However, we have a problem with is spending more and the government not being responsible with that money.

He's increased taxes substantially for Ontarians and still, we're in a horrible financial state. Why?

He's DOUBLED our Provincial debt. He increased spending by 80% and we continue to have a massive yearly deficit.

Sure, we have some improvements, but you can say that about any governments. We'll be trying to recover from McGuintys mistakes for decades.

Curtman @ Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:12 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
Guess you've never heard of an invention called SARCASM...c'est la vie! :lol:

I'm fine with it. I just wanted to let you know that the NDP has done the opposite of tax hikes here. Sarcastic, and wrong.

fifeboy @ Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:17 pm

peck420 peck420:
So, questions about healthcare means death panels?

Where is the golf clap emoticon...

Wow, you do take yourself too seriously.

RUEZ @ Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:18 pm

He was one shy of a majority with basically 38% of the vote and strangely enough no one is complaining about the broken electoral system in Canada. [huh]

fifeboy @ Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:20 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
He was one shy of a majority with basically 38% of the vote and strangely enough no one is complaining about the broken electoral system in Canada. [huh]
But ya wanna, doncha!

RUEZ @ Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:24 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
RUEZ RUEZ:
But ya wanna, doncha!

Why would I?

saturn_656 @ Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:36 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:

Well the Liberals won, why would they complain?

FPTP is only a shitty system when it elects Conservatives. :lol:

PluggyRug @ Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:38 pm

Voter turn out was low. Probably due to the fact that the three party leaders came across as, a kindergarten teacher, a woodwork instructor and a member of the canteen staff.

RUEZ @ Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:38 pm

saturn_656 saturn_656:
RUEZ RUEZ:

Exactly. The people that moaned about this when the Conservatives won should hang thier head in shame now that they sit silently. I hope the media picks up on this hypocricy.

bootlegga @ Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:40 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:

Apparently you didn't read my post a couple pages back...

saturn_656 @ Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:40 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Voter turn out was low. Probably due to the fact that the three party leaders came across as, a kindergarten teacher, a woodwork instructor and a member of the canteen staff.

With the state of this province it isn't surprising. We have a shit premier but none of the alternatives managed to outshine him, despite how easy it would have been.

bootlegga @ Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:41 pm

saturn_656 saturn_656:
RUEZ RUEZ:

I guess you didn't read it either...

saturn_656 @ Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:45 pm

$1:
I guess you didn't read it either...

I did, but aside from yourself, no one else has commented.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next