Canada Kicks Ass
Minimum wage for students

Vict0r @ Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:38 pm

Heyy everybody.I'm Victor from Spain and i'm 17 years old.I will study in Canada next year.My target is studying in a college and of course it will be in Toronto.I believe the minimum wage is 10.25 CAD per hour in Ontario state.I wanna learn something about part time working.Does every students earn 10.25 CAD per hour ? What kind of jobs students can work ? And can't earn higher than 10.25 CAD per hour in Ontario ?

Regina @ Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:56 pm

Ask Andy.......... :P

BartSimpson @ Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:58 pm

Regina Regina:
Ask Andy.......... :P

:lol:

Brenda @ Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:58 pm

I don't know if you are allowed to work on a student visa. Check that first.

Another thing, Ontario is not a state. Canada has provinces and territories. Just sayin'.

Vict0r @ Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:01 pm

Brenda Brenda:
I don't know if you are allowed to work on a student visa. Check that first.

Another thing, Ontario is not a state. Canada has provinces and territories. Just sayin'.

Yeah ı will be allowed to work on a student visa.About 6months ESL and after college.

Sorry about second thing.

herbie @ Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:48 pm

6 months of ESL?
That's how long to learn KFC's "Solly no bless, onee duk mit"? "Zingah ah sole-out, solly!"

PublicAnimalNo9 @ Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:16 pm

Vict0r Vict0r:
Heyy everybody.I'm Victor from Spain and i'm 17 years old.I will study in Canada next year.My target is studying in a college and of course it will be in Toronto.I believe the minimum wage is 10.25 CAD per hour in Ontario state.I wanna learn something about part time working.Does every students earn 10.25 CAD per hour ? What kind of jobs students can work ? And can't earn higher than 10.25 CAD per hour in Ontario ?

As long as you are 18 or over, and are allowed to work in Ontario, you are guarantedd the minimum wage. However, keep in mind that some jobs do pay less. Waiting tables and pretty much any prepared food delivery job to name two examples.

Brenda @ Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:20 am

herbie herbie:
6 months of ESL?
That's how long to learn KFC's "Solly no bless, onee duk mit"? "Zingah ah sole-out, solly!"

I didn't get that one either.
You'd think you'd take up an English course at home before you even apply for college in an English speaking country.

Edited for spleling :lol:

OnTheIce @ Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:25 am

Vict0r Vict0r:

Student rate is $9.60 when you're a student under the age of 18. $10.25 comes when you're 18+.