Canada Kicks Ass
Possums in Southern Ontario...????

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:01 pm

They've been in the Lower mainland for quite a few years. Sorry, but touching it wasn't the wisest of moves. They are not as prone to rabies as other mammals but they will bite.

Tricks @ Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:02 pm

doglady doglady:
Just came across a possum "playing dead" while I was walking my dog. We were visiting long point, on, on lake Erie. I had no idea they lived this far north. It was a beautiful little creature and the cliche is certainly accurate. I approached with my small dog and was able to touch its fur and not a
muscle moved. It was truly one of those special moments, the opportunity to connect with a species I have never met before.

Should have killed it.

Lemmy @ Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:04 pm

doglady doglady:
It was truly one of those special moments, the opportunity to connect with a species I have never met before.

I had that same feeling the first time I hand-fed a horse. What was her name again? 8O

BeaverFever @ Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:05 pm

I see possums roaming the neighbourhoods at night in Niagara regularly. Can't recall if I've seen any here in Toronto, they're alot more afraid of humans than racoons, so they just might stay more secluded areas, away from all people.

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:10 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
doglady doglady:
It was truly one of those special moments, the opportunity to connect with a species I have never met before.

I had that same feeling the first time I hand-fed a horse. What was her name again? 8O

that's not nice to talk about your first love that way. It's better to say she was large boned, was fleet of foot and had a healthy appetite.

doglady @ Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:16 pm

Quite right. Touching wild animals not really recommended but I have a handicapped racoon at home, so I.am not unfamiliar with the delicate dance of approaching wild life. Thanks tho!

Lemmy @ Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:25 pm

uncle @ Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:40 pm

I recently saw a picture of a possum sitting in the snow in Nipigon. How did he manage to get that far North?

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:53 pm

Greyhound?

raydan @ Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:58 pm

uncle uncle:
I recently saw a picture of a possum sitting in the snow in Nipigon. How did he manage to get that far North?

Across the Mackinac bridge would be my guess. :?

Gunnair @ Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:06 pm

Last time I was in Ottawa, it looked like a lotta people there were playing dead...

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:10 pm

you visited the Senate?

Bruce_E_T @ Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:24 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
I see possums roaming the neighbourhoods at night in Niagara regularly. Can't recall if I've seen any here in Toronto, they're alot more afraid of humans than racoons, so they just might stay more secluded areas, away from all people.

I think you are right on that one. They probably reside in rural areas and very smsll towns rather than adapt to cities as Skunks and Racoons have.

I have lived in ON all my life but have never seen one.

FurTrader4 @ Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:46 pm

uncle uncle:

I was told that Raccons can hitch a ride by crawling under a tractor trailers sub assembly I guess Possums could do the same.

I can see a Raccoon coming to Thunder Bay from Minneapolis as it is a regular shipping route but a Possum in Nipigon who knows where that came from.

You and me are probably the only ones on this site that even know where in the hell Nipigon even is! XD

Hyack @ Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:33 pm

FurTrader4 FurTrader4:
You and me are probably the only ones on this site that even know where in the hell Nipigon even is!

ROTFL Don't flatter yourself sunshine, there's obviously a great deal you don't know about this site or the people in it.

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next