Canada Kicks Ass
Southern Ontario's Tropical Escape

kitty @ Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:48 pm

This Incredible Tropical Beach is just two hours away from Toronto

http://www.blogto.com/sports_play/2017/ ... alm-trees/

herbie @ Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:12 pm

So July in Ontario was monsoon season?

I mean some people here refuse to believe in climate change, but get in your car and go see. You apparently changed climates with Vancouver...

N_Fiddledog @ Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:14 pm

herbie herbie:
So July in Ontario was monsoon season?

I mean some people here refuse to believe in climate change, but get in your car and go see. You apparently changed climates with Vancouver...

From the article:

$1:
For the last decade or so Knechtel has planted palm trees here starting in late May. They tend to stay up until early October before they're taken back to the greenhouse for the coldest portion of the year. For five months of the year, Southern Ontario has a pseudo tropical destination.

Meanwhile in Nanaimo:

Also:

$1:
VICTORIA AREA COMPANY WITH LARGEST SELECTION OF
PALM TREES IN BRITISH COLUMBIA

- BEST PRICES AROUND - WINDMILL & SPECIALTY PALMS

Or try an image search on Palm trees English Bay Vancouver:

Also White Rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfJKLdAGSe8

Oh and everybody knows Climate Changes. Some don't believe nice weather is going to destroy the world is all.

N_Fiddledog @ Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:34 pm

Oh and would you like to see what Hawaii looks like without actually going there? Come to Vancouver when the Rhodies are in bloom.

herbie @ Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:43 pm

Lived there for 35 years guy.
About 1 summer in 5 was "good", 1 in 10 "excellent". The rest were views of the umbrella or windshield wipers...

N_Fiddledog @ Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:31 pm

Yeah? Me and Bryan Adams must have lived in a different Vancouver, cause the summers seemed to last forever, and those were the best days of our lives.