Canada Kicks Ass
Manitoba Budget surplus of $316 million

ShepherdsDog @ Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:33 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story ... ecast.html

Guess they're doing something right. While the housing market has cooled off a little in Winnipeg, if we sold our house this month, we'd still make a nice profit of about 38%.

westmanguy @ Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:44 pm

And over 40% of our total budget is from federal equalization payments.

So what if we're in the black, we still have a massive debt and are far from anywhere near to become a "have" province.

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:13 am

Manitoba will never be a 'have' province, in the way Alberta is. Any bit of positive news is good news nowadays....consider the alternative.

OldChum @ Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:32 am

Besides it was spent last year by Doer , hell he is spending like a drunken sailor .

kenmore @ Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:15 am

Ya and if this was Quebec, the hills would be alive with attack after attack after attack.. but I say,, good for Manitoba!

Proculation @ Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:40 am

kenmore kenmore:
Ya and if this was Quebec, the hills would be alive with attack after attack after attack.. but I say,, good for Manitoba!

I don't think I will see a surplus in Quebec in my lifetime.

kenmore @ Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:05 am

Me either.. at least for the next four years...thank to the harper government thats the point.

bootlegga @ Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:31 am

Congrats Manitoba!

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Manitoba will never be a 'have' province, in the way Alberta is. Any bit of positive news is good news nowadays....consider the alternative.

I think they could if they sold some of that 'Blue Gold' they have in the northern part of the province!

OldChum @ Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:04 am

Problem is the goverment will not get what it is worth and it better not come from the Heritage side of Lake Winnipeg the east. After all no roads no taking water no welcome to the 20Th century for those people . It is going to be a UNESCO World Heritage site so they say.