Canada Kicks Ass
No charges against former Canadian Tire employee accused of

Previous  1  2

Zipperfish @ Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:35 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Darn shame that the locals were too busy fighting and killing each other to be bothered about their new European neighbors.

And isn't it interesting that the locals were decimated by European diseases while the diseases the natives carried posed little problem to the Europeans?

Seems like one population group was better adapted than another.

Not to mention that technology, a written language, and a common culture served the Europeans quite well.

Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for the locals but I'm not going to judge the Europeans of five centuries ago through the lens of political correctness.

Well, the last of the residential schools closed in the late 80s /early 90s, so we're not talking about 5 centuries ago. My friend's mother was treated brutally at a residential school, and she's not that old. And though people come and go, the law, and the state, and are continuous from the first European arrivals. So regardless of your view that they were just a bunch of savages that needed white man to rule them, the common law of England was that the land belonged to the people that lived here. The colonizing countries broke their own laws--King George III's Proclamation of 1763 among others--which the Supreme Court of Canada has repeatedly confirmed. It's not just political correctness, because, legally, I live on unceded land of the Tsleil Waututh people. One day the court may say the land reverts back to them if the Crown cannot lay legal claim to it. Which would suit me just fine.

BartSimpson @ Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:49 pm

You can give your house to the Tsleil Waututh people right now. Why wait for a court order?

herbie @ Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:56 pm

Well you guys seem to know it all don't ya?
Never noticed all the eyes on a native friend shopping with you in Costco or Crappy Tire? Never seen for your own eyes more native people get their carts checked over at WalMart?
Seems the same racist bullshit is right there in what you say and insist on denying.

And IF the guy has the money for a lawyer, he just might win a case of excessive discipline. Won't get his job back, but maybe a few weeks severance and eligibility for EI. No Labour Board is gonna jump through hoops for him.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:48 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:

Here's another way bigotry works. You show up in a continent already teeming with people of a different colour and culture and just move in, killing all who stand in your way and wiping out about 80% of the indigenous population with disease and warfare, and force the rest onto tiny swaths of land, with the legal rights of sub-humans. Then, take their children away from them and send them to residential schools where vast numbers died and were abused.

And then sit around an complain about how Indians are racist against whites.

How big of a stick would you like me to go acquire so you can beat that dead horse? And while you're busy doing that, I'll load the broken record onto the turntable.

-J.

Canadian_Mind @ Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:16 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
They aren't aboriginal, therefore they are 'white'.

That's how bigotry works.

Here's another way bigotry works. You show up in a continent already teeming with people of a different colour and culture and just move in, killing all who stand in your way and wiping out about 80% of the indigenous population with disease and warfare, and force the rest onto tiny swaths of land, with the legal rights of sub-humans. Then, take their children away from them and send them to residential schools where vast numbers died and were abused.

And then sit around an complain about how Indians are racist against whites.

just because my ancestors did it, doesn't mean I get to inherit the blame.

Previous  1  2