Canada Kicks Ass
No charges against former Canadian Tire employee accused of

1  2  Next

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:44 am

No charges against former Canadian Tire employee accused of assaulting First Nations customer

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatche ... -1.4312427

$1:
Cappo filmed himself being thrown out of a Regina Canadian Tire store in July.

Cappo said he was in the store to buy a chainsaw, but noticed a problem just before purchasing it and left the product with customer service.

He said he placed a one-litre can of oil and a spare chain he was planning to purchase inside the box in order to make it easier for an employee to carry, which is when a man who worked there accused Cappo of attempting to steal.

This is the one part of the report I take issue with.
$1:
"There's two justice systems for Canada. One for Indigenous people, and for one white people."

We don't live in a Cowboy and Indian world, and we haven't for quite a while. Did he stop to think how is the law applied to the large number of those those who are neither White nor Native? What system, is used for the Arab, the Chinese or the Sri Lankan Canadian?

DrCaleb @ Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:20 am

They aren't aboriginal, therefore they are 'white'.

That's how bigotry works.

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:26 am

Funny. My neighbour is treaty, yet he had(it's in full retreat now) red hair and blue eyes.

DrCaleb @ Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:04 am

And people freak out because some woman wants to identify as black. ;)

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:50 am

Well to be picky, his mother was native or metis. That other waste of skin suffers from a form of mental illness.

martin14 @ Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:22 am

So no charges, is the employee getting his job back ?

Thanos @ Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:26 am

Screw getting the job back. Find a good angry lawyer and make a thousand times more than his salary was by suing the shit out of them for unfair and illegal dismissal. :twisted:

DrCaleb @ Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:34 am

martin14 martin14:
So no charges, is the employee getting his job back ?

Nope. He still physically assaulted a customer. That ship sailed.

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:52 am

Courts don't think the customer was assaulted. Potential for wrongful dismissal here. He was let go because of the bad optics for Canadian Tire.

CharlesAnthony @ Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:04 am

If the police do not have enough evidence to press charges, perhaps Mr.Cappo should consider suing in civil court --- if he wants and or can afford it.

DISCLAIMER: I have not seen the video recording.

Freakinoldguy @ Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:19 am

Well done Canadian Tire. Throw the only guy willing to defend your property to the wolves. :roll:

Apparently the problem of shoplifing in Regina stores isn't exclusive to "natives" like these race baiters claim. It's an epidemic and if I was to guess these 650 banned people wouldn't be all native. But hey, it sounds so much better if you can spin altercations like this and the causes into racism rather than accepting that one of your own might be a thief.

$1:
According to a report submitted Wednesday at the board of police commissioners meeting, most of the time the act is being used to deal with shoplifters. Almost 92 per cent of the ban orders went to alleged shoplifters in "big box" stores and other retail locations.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatche ... -1.3951498

I also find it interesting that you can hear on the phone the employee claiming the "native" touched him but they guy didn't start videoing till he was being physically ejected from the store. Sounds like he wanted this confrontation, got it but missed the payday he figured he'd get and given there were no charges laid against the employee I'd say the police agreed with who started the physical portion of the altercation.

Zipperfish @ Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:24 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
They aren't aboriginal, therefore they are 'white'.

That's how bigotry works.

Here's another way bigotry works. You show up in a continent already teeming with people of a different colour and culture and just move in, killing all who stand in your way and wiping out about 80% of the indigenous population with disease and warfare, and force the rest onto tiny swaths of land, with the legal rights of sub-humans. Then, take their children away from them and send them to residential schools where vast numbers died and were abused.

And then sit around an complain about how Indians are racist against whites.

BartSimpson @ Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:20 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Here's another way bigotry works. You show up in a continent already teeming with people of a different colour and culture and just move in, killing all who stand in your way and wiping out about 80% of the indigenous population with disease and warfare, and force the rest onto tiny swaths of land, with the legal rights of sub-humans. Then, take their children away from them and send them to residential schools where vast numbers died and were abused.

Sounds like you're describing the ongoing invasion of Europe by the Muslims.

Zipperfish @ Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:31 pm

This one is a little closer to home.

BartSimpson @ Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:49 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
This one is a little closer to home.

Darn shame that the locals were too busy fighting and killing each other to be bothered about their new European neighbors.

And isn't it interesting that the locals were decimated by European diseases while the diseases the natives carried posed little problem to the Europeans?

Seems like one population group was better adapted than another.

Not to mention that technology, a written language, and a common culture served the Europeans quite well.

Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for the locals but I'm not going to judge the Europeans of five centuries ago through the lens of political correctness.

1  2  Next