Canada Kicks Ass
English in Quebec

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Numure @ Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:52 am

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
$1:
Why they never learned it is beyond me. I go by the philosophy when in Rome do as the Romans.

How do you think English became a world language? :P We didn’t take over half the world so we could learn their language. I don't speak any French when I went to Quebec I didn't either. Lots of people there speak English or understand it. It is not like going to China or something. So why can’t English people speak their own language in their country? Pretty much everyone understands it anyway.

I'll speak english with a smile to a tourist. But I won't speak a word to someone that lives here.

Clogeroo @ Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:53 am

$1:
Again, I say that in the context if you live in Quebec. What would you think of a francophone community that lived out west that didn't speak english.

I would say good luck! But some do in Manitoba don't they? In Quebec people should be allowed to speak English if they want too. It is an official language of this country. Why can’t Quebec be bilingual like New Brunswick? That way everyone would be happy.

Clogeroo @ Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:54 am

$1:
I'll speak english with a smile to a tourist. But I won't speak a word to someone that lives here.

Why?

Numure @ Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:58 am

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
$1:

Why?

Because this province is french, period. If you don't like it, theirs Ontario and Newbrunswick right beside us.

Clogeroo @ Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:02 am

$1:
Because this province is french, period. If you don't like it, theirs Ontario and Newbrunswick right beside us.

Maybe when Quebec mps go to Ottawa we should make them speak English then too? If they don't like it I guess they should just stay in Quebec?

Numure @ Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:09 am

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
$1:

Maybe when Quebec mps go to Ottawa we should make them speak English then too? If they don't like it I guess they should just stay in Quebec?

That's what I've been voting for, seperation.

Clogeroo @ Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:24 am

$1:

Good point. So then why do you speak English? Shouldn't you be just promoting your own language?

Numure @ Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:28 am

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
$1:

Good point. So then why do you speak English? Shouldn't you be just promoting your own language?

Doesnt mean I promote the use of my native language in my province (That is 80% french) that I don't believe in knowning more then 1 language. I speak a total of 5.

Clogeroo @ Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:38 am

$1:
Doesnt mean I promote the use of my native language in my province (That is 80% french) that I don't believe in knowning more then 1 language. I speak a total of 5.

You mean you promote french in your nation. ;) What other languages do you speak then?

Numure @ Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:41 am

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
$1:

You mean you promote french in your nation. ;) What other languages do you speak then?

Cantonese, latin(Though dead language), been learning Mandorin as well.

Clogeroo @ Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:43 am

Well you can talk to possibly over 2 billion people then. All I know is English fluently but have been learning some German.

Numure @ Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:47 am

Appearences don't mean a thing. I might be a Nationalist, but doesnt mean I'm anti english. If it was up to me, I'd add a diversity of languages that we'de learn in school.

Clogeroo @ Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:52 am

$1:
Appearences don't mean a thing. I might be a Nationalist, but doesnt mean I'm anti english. If it was up to me, I'd add a diversity of languages that we'de learn in school.

What other languages do you think people should be able to learn? Here we had French, Spanish, Mandarin, Latin, Korean, Japanese, German, and Russian.

Numure @ Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:54 am

We have english from 3rd grade elementry, all threw Secondary and even in Cégep. Sometimes at University, but rare. Usually options for a thrid one open up in Secondary.

Clogeroo @ Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:59 am

Here we took French from grade four to grade eight. Then from Grade 9 to 12 you can choose any language you want to take.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next