Canada Kicks Ass
Jewish Center In Montreal Bombed

Previous  1  2  3  Next

PluggyRug @ Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:50 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
camerontech camerontech:
fine then, I'll agree with you on that.

does it not still mean there's anti-semitism?

just cause we have as much violence on jews as we do towards muslims...does that make it ok?

I'm with Pluggy, I don't get the point you were trying to make

You'll agree with me on that but you don't get my point? Well, back to basics then.

Most news is centered upon anti-semitism and Jews, which inexplicably is cross referenced to Jews. Therefore, a synagogue is more likely to make the news in which an attack on a Mosque is more reference to racism and simple vandalism. It's the same god damn thing. What point could you possibly miss?

Still no sense is made.... once again your point?

camerontech @ Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:53 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
camerontech camerontech:

just cause we have as much violence on jews as we do towards muslims...does that make it ok?

You'll agree with me on that but you don't get my point? Well, back to basics then.

Most news is centered upon anti-semitism and Jews, which inexplicably is cross referenced to Jews. Therefore, a synagogue is more likely to make the news in which an attack on a Mosque is more reference to racism and simple vandalism. It's the same god damn thing. What point could you possibly miss?

most news is centered on anti-semitism and jews?
Maybe it's cause I have a buzz on but that makes no sense at all.

the point you were trying to make was that violence against jews makes the news more than violence against muslims.

my point was so fucking what. anti-semitism is still prevalent in Canada and it's as strong as ever in Montreal. weather the muslims have anything to do with it I really couldn't care less, I just want it to stop. I also want violence against gays stopped, and violence against muslims stopped. you seem to think that this is some small isolated act that only made the news cause it's about jews, that's bullshit.

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:59 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Tman1 Tman1:
camerontech camerontech:

I may be wrong, but I think he he is applying the term antisemitism to all semitic people, most of whom are arab muslims. The term when, used in proper historical context, refers to crimes against Jews, but he seems to have expanded his interpretation of the term to include all Semites. But Like i said initially, I could be wrong.

Tman1 @ Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:00 pm

camerontech camerontech:
Tman1 Tman1:
camerontech camerontech:

the point you were trying to make was that violence against jews makes the news more than violence against muslims.

my point was so fucking what. anti-semitism is still prevalent in Canada and it's as strong as ever in Montreal. weather the muslims have anything to do with it I really couldn't care less, I just want it to stop. I also want violence against gays stopped, and violence against muslims stopped. you seem to think that this is some small isolated act that only made the news cause it's about jews, that's bullshit.

$1:

Well damn, Pluggy Rug has been asking the same damn question, your buzzed and he still hasn't a clue. I supposed I should congratulate you.

My point is is that nobody could care less if a Muslim place is vandalized but a Jewish center vandalized is supposed to be a form of news and anti-semitism when all it could possibly be is simple vandalism.
$1:

I agree with some of this drunken rant but this:
$1:
ome small isolated act that only made the news cause it's about jews, that's bullshit.

Prove otherwise it's bullshit.

Tman1 @ Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:05 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Tman1 Tman1:
camerontech camerontech:

I may be wrong, but I think he he is applying the term antisemitism to all semitic people, most of whom are arab muslims. The term when, used in proper historical context, refers to crimes against Jews, but he seems to have expanded his interpretation of the term to include all Semites. But Like i said initially, I could be wrong.

$1:
Most news is centered upon anti-semitism and Jews, which inexplicably is cross referenced to Jews.

English is not a second language in Canada it seems.

Banff @ Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:05 pm

A bomb ?
no injuries or death or damage ?
hmmmm? ...was this one of those diet coke and mentos bombs or dry ice bombs ?
a bomb ? what kind of home made bomb ? should I be and , why am I skeptic and questioning this bombing?

camerontech @ Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:11 pm

$1:
some small isolated act that only made the news cause it's about jews, that's bullshit.

Tman1 Tman1:

ok, the link is vague. I'll give you that. the "bomb" could of been anything from very small to pretty big, we just don't know

but a bomb went off near a jewish center. this wasn't spray paint or rocks against a building, this was intended to cause damage. When that bomb went off at the elementary school in mtl a while back I was fuming, those are acts of unbelievable violence.

if it's just random violence that has nothing to do with religion, then that's great. but it's not.....it just isn't

Tman1 @ Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:15 pm

camerontech camerontech:
$1:
some small isolated act that only made the news cause it's about jews, that's bullshit.

Tman1 Tman1:

ok, the link is vague. I'll give you that.

but a bomb went off near a jewish center. this wasn't spray paint or rocks against a building, this was intended to cause damage. When that bomb went off at the elementary school in mtl a while back I was fuming, those are acts of unbelievable violence.

if it's just random violence that has nothing to do with religion, then that's great. but it's not.....it just isn't

Well, besides the article itself being vague with no supporting information, what do you think vandalism is intended for? Damage to the building?

My point is that some fail to grasp is that more attention is averted to Jewish centers of vandalism as being simply "anti-semitic" while others are given a cursory glance as "racism?. That's it, no more, no less.

BartSimpson @ Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:15 pm

Banff Banff:
A bomb ?
no injuries or death or damage ?
hmmmm? ...was this one of those diet coke and mentos bombs or dry ice bombs ?
a bomb ? what kind of home made bomb ? should I be and , why am I skeptic and questioning this bombing?

Just playing Sherlock Holmes for a moment here....

I think it's safe to say we can rule out the muslims. Why? Because no one died and the damage was minimal. The muslims are very good at bombings and had they done this there'd be dead people. I think Abbas would consider this a compliment. :roll:

We can rule out the Klan. Last I checked they don't operate in Quebec. Something to do with hating Catholics I recall.

Random nutbag attack? Hmmm. That's possible.

Teenagers doing something that's guaranteed to get on the news?

I'm personally inclined to believe it's one of the latter two options.

But, again, there's always BC. :P

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:20 pm

Last time an ant Semitic attack was directly linked to Muslims, was when they firebombed the library in a Jewish school. They killed two birds with one molotov then. Damaged a Jewish school and burned books, something the extremist mullahs love.

Banff @ Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:21 pm

I probably shouldn't be questioning it but it seems so odd . The contents of the artical were pretty lame but then I think I did see Abbas an Biblical Christian walking past there around the same time of the bombing . They were carrying a bag of ice drinking diet coke and eating mentos .

camerontech @ Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:24 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
camerontech camerontech:
$1:

Tman1 Tman1:

ok, the link is vague. I'll give you that.

Well, besides the article itself being vague with no supporting information, what do you think vandalism is intended for? Damage to the building?

My point is that some fail to grasp is that more attention is averted to Jewish centers of vandalism as being simply "anti-semitic" while others are given a cursory glance as "racism?. That's it, no more, no less.

yes, but vandalism to a building isn't intended on hurting individuals. bombs are usually made to hurt people as well as buildings. there's a big difference between them in my opinion.

I guess anti-semitism strikes a particular chord with canadians because we fought so hard to stop it. racism against jews can be classified, it can be historically followed for thousands of years. racism towards muslims is a new concept to us...it's not something we can call with a word. we also have a rich jewish history, we don't have a rich muslim history...maybe that's one of the reasons we are more prone to reaction and anger when this happens.

To me, it doesn't matter who it's done against, any hate or anger directed at a race, religion or creed is just plain wrong. I don't care if one makes the news more than another, as long as we all realize what's happening and we try to stop it.

BartSimpson @ Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:31 pm

Banff Banff:
I probably shouldn't be questioning it but it seems so odd . The contents of the artical were pretty lame but then I think I did see Abbas an Biblical Christian walking past there around the same time of the bombing . They were carrying a bag of ice drinking diet coke and eating mentos .

I think I have evidence....

Banff @ Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:41 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Banff Banff:

I think I have evidence....

:lol: yeah I thought I heard a quick bang but it sounded like it came from behind the dumpster at the 7-11 store ....which , is of course kitty corner from the Mosque . ("near a Mosque")

Tman1 @ Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:48 pm

camerontech camerontech:
yes, but vandalism to a building isn't intended on hurting individuals. bombs are usually made to hurt people as well as buildings. there's a big difference between them in my opinion.

Well, here we get into semantics and "what if" scenarios. Vandalism damages buildings, regardless of what it is meant to do. If the people who bomb the place intend to "kill" the people, then they are intended to destroy the building and kill...I don't see how you can have a difference between the two.

$1:
I guess anti-semitism strikes a particular chord with canadians because we fought so hard to stop it. racism against jews can be classified, it can be historically followed for thousands of years. racism towards muslims is a new concept to us...it's not something we can call with a word. we also have a rich jewish history, we don't have a rich muslim history...maybe that's one of the reasons we are more prone to reaction and anger when this happens.

Sorry chum, racism against Muslims is equally to that of Jews, which goes way back to the Middle Ages as well, only that Hitler in the 20th century chose to separate the Jews from the group of Semitics, and place them the blame for all history to look at. Lucky for the Muslims back then. Can you name any event that had any anti-Muslim event of any significance before Hitler? 20th century and up that is. Is it that history demonizes Hitler so that the anti-Semitic group which is soley categorized as Jews should be the only ones protected? Garner the most attention?
$1:
To me, it doesn't matter who it's done against, any hate or anger directed at a race, religion or creed is just plain wrong. I don't care if one makes the news more than another, as long as we all realize what's happening and we try to stop it.

Amen. Seems hardly digified when a Muslim place is ravaged and nobody gives two-shits about it and condemn it to racism.

Previous  1  2  3  Next