Canada Kicks Ass
Jewish Center In Montreal Bombed

Previous  1  2  3

camerontech @ Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:55 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
Sorry chum, racism against Muslims is equally to that of Jews, which goes way back to the Middle Ages as well, only that Hitler in the 20th century chose to separate the Jews from the group of Semitics, and place them the blame for all history to look at. Lucky for the Muslims back then. Can you name any event that had any anti-Muslim event of any significance before Hitler? 20th century and up that is. Is it that history demonizes Hitler so that the anti-Semitic group which is soley categorized as Jews should be the only ones protected? Garner the most attention?

I was referring to Canada in particular and not the world, muslims in canada is a very new thing to us.

$1:
$1:
To me, it doesn't matter who it's done against, any hate or anger directed at a race, religion or creed is just plain wrong. I don't care if one makes the news more than another, as long as we all realize what's happening and we try to stop it.

Amen. Seems hardly digified when a Muslim place is ravaged and nobody gives two-shits about it and condemn it to racism.

We're on the same page, just disagreeing on semantics. it's all good

Tman1 @ Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:04 pm

camerontech camerontech:
Tman1 Tman1:
Sorry chum, racism against Muslims is equally to that of Jews, which goes way back to the Middle Ages as well, only that Hitler in the 20th century chose to separate the Jews from the group of Semitics, and place them the blame for all history to look at. Lucky for the Muslims back then. Can you name any event that had any anti-Muslim event of any significance before Hitler? 20th century and up that is. Is it that history demonizes Hitler so that the anti-Semitic group which is soley categorized as Jews should be the only ones protected? Garner the most attention?

I was referring to Canada in particular and not the world, muslims in canada is a very new thing to us.

$1:
$1:
To me, it doesn't matter who it's done against, any hate or anger directed at a race, religion or creed is just plain wrong. I don't care if one makes the news more than another, as long as we all realize what's happening and we try to stop it.

Amen. Seems hardly digified when a Muslim place is ravaged and nobody gives two-shits about it and condemn it to racism.

We're on the same page, just disagreeing on semantics. it's all good

$1:

Doesn't matter. Racism against Jews or Muslim was hardly new to Canada pre-Confederation. Any attitude the British had towards said groups, likely extended to here as well.

Mr_Canada old @ Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:05 am

Man... Montreal....

That's really all I have to say, LOL, ;)

fire_i @ Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:41 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Random nutbag attack? Hmmm. That's possible.

Teenagers doing something that's guaranteed to get on the news?

I'm personally inclined to believe it's one of the latter two options.

I'd say that too. Skinheads, maybe? Recently in Quebec City there's been the arrival of "antiracists", who basically are other Skinheads who beat "racists" (their definition is most certainly wide...) madly. I'm just assuming here, but if a similar situation is going on in Montreal, then it wouldn't be surprising if there was a surge in the activities of "classic" Skinheads. They'd want to prove themselves or something. You know what I mean.

Still, that's just a theory and I'm barely basing it on any direct facts, so even I find it unlikely. Feel free to completely ignore it, or even better, do the research for me. :P

Tman1 Tman1:

Sadly, I have to say this is very true... although there fortunately none since quite a while, attacks on Mosques are often nearly ignored by the media and go without much outrage by the population. The amount of people who in fact approve attacks makes me sick.

At least when it comes to attacks on synagogues or jewish schools and so on, nobody accepts it. That proves the people actually reached a certain reasonability (excluding the vandals/racists/whatever themselves, these remain morons). For one, I like this thread in itself for that very reason. Yet, I'm disappointed Muslims don't get the same attention, and I'm outright horrified by the many who consider they just deserve suferring from bombings and/or vandalism.

Previous  1  2  3