Canada Kicks Ass
McCartney's free Quebec concert ruffles sovereigntists

1  2  3  4  5 ... 11  Next

warwickgreen @ Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:37 pm

How parochial, how small minded.

I watched the Super Bowl once. Celine Dion sang the Star Spangled Banner and Shania Twain was the half time attraction. I didn't hear Americans whining.

$1:
McCartney's free Quebec concert ruffles sovereigntists

Several prominent Quebec artists and sovereigntists are complaining about Paul McCartney's highly anticipated concert this coming weekend, accusing the former Beatle of "Canadianizing" the city's 400th birthday celebration.

A group of politicians and artists, including Parti Québécois culture critic Pierre Curzi and actress Pol Pelletier have lent their name to an open letter that denounces McCartney's free July 20 concert on Quebec City's Plains of Abraham.

The open letter's original author – artist Luc Archambault – writes that McCartney's appearance misrepresents the spirit of the 400th anniversary celebrations, which commemorate the fight for the survival of the French language in North America....

(full story)

QUEBEC

Zipperfish @ Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:45 pm

At first I read this as "McCartney's 'Free Quebec' Concert Ruffles Nationalists."

Benoit @ Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:23 pm

I think that part of the fame of McCartney has to do with the fact that Liverpool had benefited a lot from its close links with the Atlantic Slave Trade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool

Public_Domain @ Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:50 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
At first I read this as "McCartney's 'Free Quebec' Concert Ruffles Nationalists."

Same here.

Benoit @ Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:27 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:

Same here.

When you'll be able to read, you'll find something to write.

Toro @ Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:56 pm

Yet another example of the broad-minded and non-provincial attitude of the sovereigntists.

Not reading stuff like this in the press is one HUGE advantage of living in America.

Zipperfish @ Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:58 pm

Benoit Benoit:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:

Same here.

Nonsense. I can't read worth a crap but I can fill volumes with my irrelevant drivel. :lol:

Benoit @ Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:31 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Benoit Benoit:

Nonsense. I can't read worth a crap but I can fill volumes with my irrelevant drivel. :lol:

performative contracdiction

http://www.philosophicalsociety.com/The ... iction.htm

Marc01 @ Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:54 am

http://www.cowboysfringants.com/forum/f ... eed_is.jpg

McCartney semble avoir compris lui, contrairement aux fédéraleux, quel est le sens réel de la fête.

Mustang1 @ Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:11 am

He's appeasing to the antiquated goofs that think they matter. Separatism is a pipe dream and it's over. Get over it, you're 0 for 2

Marc01 @ Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:19 am

Un jour ce sera notre tour de célébrer, et vous n'aurez d'autres choix que d'accepter le verdict du peuple.

À moins que vous ne l'acceptiez pas, on sait que vous avez tendance à ne pas vouloir respecter la démocratie quand cela ne fait pas votre affaire, pensons simplement à la loi de la clarté référendaire, une loi complètement subjective, ou il revient au tribunal fédéral de juger si la majorité est assez claire et si la question est assez claire.

Quelle farce. Nous ne respecterons pas cette lois "canadian".

Mustang1 @ Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:58 am

You won't get to celebrate, bigot, because we'll have another referendum - just like your sorry lot did! You set the precedent for not respecting plebiscites...swift move

And who cares whether you respect Canada's laws, it still applies to Canadians and let me tell you, you and your little group won't stack up against us. If history is any indicator you'll either surrender or have your ass handed to you. Either way, you lose.

Piss off and get a clue, bigot.

Arctic_Menace @ Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:17 am

Seperatism is dying an albeit slow death in Quebec.

Marc01, you lost back in the 1700's, and you will continue to lose. :P

PENATRATOR @ Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:29 am

In the comments this guy pretty much sums up what a bunch of people are thinking lol

This is why I have no desire to go anywhere in Quebec. I wish our government would let them secede, so that we could then send in the army, finish the job Wolfe started, carve Quebec's land into the surrounding four provinces and territories and forest over Quebec city.
400 years of being a pain in the butt... who cares?

Zipperfish @ Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:35 am

Marc01 Marc01:
Un jour ce sera notre tour de célébrer, et vous n'aurez d'autres choix que d'accepter le verdict du peuple.

À moins que vous ne l'acceptiez pas, on sait que vous avez tendance à ne pas vouloir respecter la démocratie quand cela ne fait pas votre affaire, pensons simplement à la loi de la clarté référendaire, une loi complètement subjective, ou il revient au tribunal fédéral de juger si la majorité est assez claire et si la question est assez claire.

Quelle farce. Nous ne respecterons pas cette lois "canadian".

In Quebec, chapeau is a hat and a maison is a house. It's like they got a different word for everything.

1  2  3  4  5 ... 11  Next