Canada Kicks Ass
Quebec City celebrates 400 years

Previous  1  2  3

Mustang1 @ Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:52 pm

snookums snookums:
Mustang1 Mustang1:
Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:
So in other words, because the Curriculum doesn't teach what you want it to teach, it's therefore flawed? Riiiiight... :roll: :lol:

If it doesn't jive with his bigoted nationalism then he rejects it. He's pushing an antiquated agenda and he can't stand the fact that it's been rejected - by French-Canadians

What I think people like marc doesn't get is that that brand of nationalistic pride is not based on facts but mostly on emotions and myths. You just need to read some of Groulx, Brunet, Frégault and Séguin to understand why. Their methodology and interpretation of history are, at best, suspicious,and Quebec nationalism comes from their work (with the result that we know!). That explains that some get all confused when facts are brought up to - some of them even deny anything that you can find in the archives if it's from the National Archives in Ottawa BECAUSE they are in Ottawa (I got that a few times!). Hilarious :lol:

Nice post :rock:

Marc01 @ Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:06 pm

snookums snookums:
Mustang1 Mustang1:
So in other words, because the Curriculum doesn't teach what you want it to teach, it's therefore flawed? Riiiiight... :roll: :lol:

If it doesn't jive with his bigoted nationalism then he rejects it. He's pushing an antiquated agenda and he can't stand the fact that it's been rejected - by French-Canadians

What I think people like marc doesn't get is that that brand of nationalistic pride is not based on facts but mostly on emotions and myths. You just need to read some of Groulx, Brunet, Frégault and Séguin to understand why. Their methodology and interpretation of history are, at best, suspicious,and Quebec nationalism comes from their work (with the result that we know!). That explains that some get all confused when facts are brought up to - some of them even deny anything that you can find in the archives if it's from the National Archives in Ottawa BECAUSE they are in Ottawa (I got that a few times!). Hilarious :lol:

Ah bravo.

Pour vous faire plaisir, nous ne devrions pas être fiers de ce que nous sommes : des Québécois. (le nationalisme, c'est la fierté d'appartenir à notre nation) Il faudrait vraiment être colonisés pour vous écouter.

Benoit @ Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:12 pm

snookums snookums:
Mustang1 Mustang1:

You need psychiatrists, not historians, to understand why mistreated persons lose contact with reality.

Previous  1  2  3