Canada Kicks Ass
Quebec Elections

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

fire_i @ Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:40 am

Elections today!

The last poll before today pointed out 2 expectable tendencies (PLQ up to 35%, probably thanks to indecisive voters rallying to them and ADQ down, probably because of "scared voters"). There was a more surprising fact, however, in that the PQ went down 3 points despite not making any mistake in the last week - perhaps their lack of flashiness ended up hurting them more than I thought? Regardless, Charest and his team probably have been relieved after this poll went out.

Still, the elections could go either way, even the ADQ has a remote chance of winning. I wish I could, but I'm not going to try and guess who'll win.

BluesBud @ Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:02 am

Just voted. WOW some choice! Separatist, Separatist, Separatist, Green, or Liberal.

It is like the old joke. What kind of Ice Cream do you have? Well, we have vanilla, vanilla, vanilla, chocolate,....oh, and vanilla. SO....what'll ya have?

You will have to guess how I voted. It's a secret between be and the ballot box. :roll:

Oh BTW, where do I pick up my "Federalist" medal? [flag]

Canadaka @ Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:37 pm

Good job BluesBud! :rock:

Overall Election Results so far
Party Elected Leading Total Vote Share
LIB 0 36 36 36.27%
ADQ 0 29 29 24.90%
PQ 1 23 24 33.17%
QS 0 0 0 2.88%
GRN 0 0 0 2.69%
OTH 0 0 0 .09%
Last Update:March 26, 8:34:22 PM EDT

RUEZ @ Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:40 pm

So is the ADQ a seperatist party? I thought they were, but I read some literature from their website and it said they don't want to have a seperation referendum. I didn't like the part about Quebec first Canada second though. What up with that?

BluesBud @ Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:50 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
So is the ADQ a seperatist party? I thought they were, but I read some literature from their website and it said they don't want to have a seperation referendum. I didn't like the part about Quebec first Canada second though. What up with that?
They don't want a referendum right away like the PQ do but they support the old ideals of "Sovereignty Association". Then there is the "Quebec Solidaire". They are for "Quebec Solidarity" through "Interdependents" whatever that means. (Translation for those of you not used to Quebec political BS. SEPARATION)

RUEZ @ Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:52 pm

BluesBud BluesBud:
RUEZ RUEZ:
They don't want a referendum right away like the PQ do but they support the old ideals of "Sovereignty Association". Then there is the "Quebec Solidaire". They are for "Quebec Solidarity" through "Interdependents" whatever that means. (Translation for those of you not used to Quebec political BS. SEPARATION)
Thanks. I kind of got the idea that they weren't very Canada friendly.

RUEZ @ Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:52 pm

Ah shit ya. Jean Charest is in second place in his own riding. :lol: I'd laugh if he lost.

BluesBud @ Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:08 pm

In my little corner of Quebec the OUTAOUAIS

Party -Elected -Leading -Vote Count -Vote Share
LIB - 4 - 1 - 13950 - 44.33%
ADQ -0 - 0 - 7374 - 23.43%
PQ - 0 - 0 - 7350 - 23.35%
GRN -0 - 0 - 1824 - 5.8%
QS - 0 - 0 - 919 - 2.92%

RUEZ @ Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:10 pm

Looks like at this moment it's going to be an ADQ minority government. Quelle surprise. Of course it's still to close to call it.

BluesBud @ Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:14 pm

CTV Up todate info will not load. For CBC Election info

http://www.cbc.ca/quebecvotes2007/ridings/

Bodah @ Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:39 pm

Elvis Elvis:
Mets ça dans ta pipe AKZ le parti liberal du Québec est en train de devenire le parti des anglais avec moin de 24% dans le Québec Français :twisted: et ça sa veux dire un gouvernement minoritaire PQ avec ADQ comme opposition officiel et le PLQ dans le dalot.

Translation:

The Quebec liberal party is really a party that represents "english" Canada or "english" Quebec. Either way the fact that they lead the polls means that Quebec are still slaves under their English masters.

Once the left and the right of the "pure laine" of quebec society unite, only then can we shed ourselves from our shackles and become the envy of North America !!!!

yadda yadda yadda ....

Go back to 1759 to get a better understanding of where this angst comes from.

RUEZ @ Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:41 pm

Bodah Bodah:
Elvis Elvis:
Mets ça dans ta pipe AKZ le parti liberal du Québec est en train de devenire le parti des anglais avec moin de 24% dans le Québec Français :twisted: et ça sa veux dire un gouvernement minoritaire PQ avec ADQ comme opposition officiel et le PLQ dans le dalot.

Translation:

The Quebec liberal party is really a party that represents "english" Canada or "english" Quebec. Either way the fact that they lead the polls means that Quebec are still slaves under their English masters.

Once the left and the right of the "pure laine" of quebec society unite, only then can we shed ourselves from our shackles and become the envy of North America !!!!

What a load of horseshit. [knight]

Bodah @ Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:47 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
Bodah Bodah:
Elvis Elvis:

Translation:

What a load of horseshit. [knight]

I used a little color there, but that's the jist of what he's saying. :wink:

BluesBud @ Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:59 pm

Jean Charest is trailing in his riding in Sherbrook by over 450 votes

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next