Canada Kicks Ass
Jean Charest - Male Chauvinist Anger Management Required?

Brother Jonathan @ Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:13 pm

Perhaps bringing his family into the fray of the National Assembly is a psychological Achilles’ heel for him?<br /> <br /> How much of an insult is «chienne» in French? Is it analogous to the English “bitch”, or is it more offensive still, as in Spanish or Arabic?<br />

fleur-de-lys @ Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:56 pm

I don't know how "bitch" is bad in English, it probably depends of the context, but "maudite chienne" is pretty insulting that's for sure. You can't say that to or about your opponent when you are a politician that's ridiculous.<br /> <br /> Bernard Landry lost his elections for 2 reasons: The fusions of the cities and because he was swearing ( not even against people, unlike Charest ) in the "À hauteur d'homme" movie.

Action-Jackson @ Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:45 pm

I don't have much respect for Charest, but didn't Dumont actually side with him over this issue?

fleur-de-lys @ Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:32 pm

[QUOTE]I don't have much respect for Charest, but didn't Dumont actually side with him over this issue?[/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> I don't think Mario Dumont said something about that. You are a conservative right ? do you like Bush ?

Dino @ Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:49 pm

[QUOTE BY= Action-Jackson] I don't have much respect for Charest, but didn't Dumont actually side with him over this issue?[/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> Yeah he did side with him. He said something like that woman shouldn't have brought up Charest's wife in the National Assembly.

samuel @ Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:41 am

Dumont's ADQ reminds me of the NDP, weak and gullible opposition. Not bringing up Liberal friends and family is the last thing you want to do when the slightest doubt exists.

cmab @ Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:56 am

Ça va apprendre à Elsie Lefebvre d'attquer la femme à Charest. Il faut pas oblier que le 'maudite chienne' c'était off mic. De plus, vous mettez cet evenement en emphase tandis qu'il y a des coup bas à chaque jour à l'ANdQ de tout les bord.