Canada Kicks Ass
Quebec and separation

Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7

badsector @ Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:00 am

"I demand all talk of a sovereign Quebec cease so I can enjoy my drive!"<br /> <br /> Of course, when Quebec separates, it will leave a pretty big gaping hole between Ontario and the Maritimes. Construction companies will be busy for years to fill it up.

michou @ Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:47 pm

[QUOTE BY= badsector] <br /> Of course, when Quebec separates, it will leave a pretty big gaping hole...[/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> WARNING ! You are about to enter "LA ZONE" !!!<br /> <br /> ROTFL ! <br /> for dino , Rolling On The Floor Laughing

samuel @ Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:25 pm

[QUOTE BY= badsector] Of course, when Quebec separates, it will leave a pretty big gaping hole between Ontario and the Maritimes. Construction companies will be busy for years to fill it up.[/QUOTE]<br /> Marcarc, michou, je ne comprends pas ce que badsector veut dire par cette phrase, pouvez-vous m'éclairer ?

michou @ Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:59 am

[QUOTE BY= Samuel] [QUOTE BY= badsector] Of course, when Quebec separates, it will leave a pretty big gaping hole between Ontario and the Maritimes. Construction companies will be busy for years to fill it up.[/QUOTE]<br /> Marcarc, michou, je ne comprends pas ce que badsector veut dire par cette phrase, pouvez-vous m'éclairer ?[/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> Ben voyons donc !!!<br /> <br /> Tu sais bien Samuel que si le Québec se sépare, il ne restera plus qu'un grand trou béant là où auparavant existait une belle province.

samuel @ Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:17 am

[QUOTE BY= badsector] Of course, when Quebec separates, it will leave a pretty big gaping hole between Ontario and the Maritimes. Construction companies will be busy for years to fill it up.[/QUOTE]<br /> Oh you're quite right, only Canada's position is no higher than the soapbox they stand on.

badsector @ Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:29 am

Let them separate, then impose VISA requirements on them and sell them oil for double price.

michou @ Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:10 am

[QUOTE BY= badsector] Let them separate, then impose VISA requirements on them and sell them oil for double price.[/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> Thanks for the love badsector but as it is now, Québec does not import oil from Canada and I don't see why it would change after independence, especially at those friendly neighborly prices you recommend. But maybe you meant natural gas, not oil. <br /> <br /> <i>More than three-fifths of the crude oil that Québec purchases comes from the North Sea (United Kingdom and Norway). The rest is purchased in Venezuela, Algeria, Mexico and the Middle East.</i><br /> <br /> From : <b><a href="http://www.gouv.qc.ca/wps/portal/!ut/p/_s.7_0_A/7_0_1E2/.cmd/adj/.c/6_3_15V/.ce/7_3_3TH/.p/5_3_2O1/.d/1/_th/J_3_CI/_s.7_0_A/7_0_1E2/_me/7_0_1E1-7_0_1DD-7_0_A/_rp.7_3_3TH/LnJlcW1ldGgtR0VULnJlcXVybC05RjgzMDc4NkM1NTcwQUJEQ0VGNzFGNDYxNzUyRDk2RkIyMEZDRjQyMDhFOEMzMDA0MTM4REY3MTFFRUMxQ0UwNTZBNjgyMjEzRUU5NDFDOEQ4OTZDQzdBQjhCRUIzOTJFMjM0OUY4MkUzMzQ3QzNFRjdBQzQ3QkVBRjBFQzMyRUM4Q0Y1MzFFNjRGRUE2RkJEQzkxN0RDQzY2REREQjhCQTE4RjMwOUE1RkRDOUIxQTczQzY5QkQ2M0RDRTg4OUM0MDVGQkJCNzU4MkJGRjQxM0REQjRDQTVEMDE5MTNDRkMwNUM2MDcyOTMzOEY0MkVCRjMyNkJCQzBDREQ0NzE4QUM0NzNDMEFFNzhFMENEQjQ0NTE5ODhBRjRFNjg2MDYwNDAzOUQwMTExQUQxNTA3NkU5MDYyRjU2NjFFOEM4RA**?lang=en#Petroleum">Québec Government Portal</a></b><br /> <br /> on edit and afterthought : After Québec separation, if Canada decides to continue playing the imperial-colonialist hardball game with the new nation, maybe Chavez's Venezuela will be more understanding and even reduce its oil prices until, in a way of speaking, Québec gets its "independent feet" walking free and tall.

Aldebaran @ Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:48 pm

<br /> <br /> on edit and afterthought : After Québec separation, if Canada decides to continue playing the imperial-colonialist hardball game with the new nation, maybe Chavez's Venezuela will be more understanding and even reduce its oil prices until, in a way of speaking, Québec gets its "independent feet" walking free and tall. [/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> Not only Venezuela but Mexico as well. Maybe we can give some barrels of oil for free until Québec's economy is in process of healing. If Québec separates that will be a death blow to the Anglo-Saxon pride and imperialism. (England pride mainly). And for the Canada I don't see any problem for the survive of the country without Québec in fact it will be healthy for their economy and politics.

michou @ Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:58 am

[QUOTE BY= Aldebaran] [QUOTE BY=michou]<br /> on edit and afterthought : After Québec separation, if Canada decides to continue playing the imperial-colonialist hardball game with the new nation, maybe Chavez's Venezuela will be more understanding and even reduce its oil prices until, in a way of speaking, Québec gets its "independent feet" walking free and tall. <br /> [/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> Not only Venezuela but Mexico as well. Maybe we can give some barrels of oil for free until Québec's economy is in process of healing. If Québec separates that will be a death blow to the Anglo-Saxon pride and imperialism. (England pride mainly). And for the Canada I don't see any problem for the survive of the country without Québec in fact it will be healthy for their economy and politics.[/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> <br /> Thought your message was worth seeing Aldebaran. Those quote brackets can be a pain.

Marcarc @ Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:42 pm

Keep in mind that Quebec has 'colonialism' all its own. For example, depending on the mode of its independance, a province like New Brunswick may vote to follow. It also has a large french presence, although only half of those are related to the Quebec side. However, NB'ers are quite well aware of how they've been treated by Ontario (and Quebec of course) since confederation. <br /> <br /> They also know that 90% of their exports go to Quebec, and trade with Ontario and places west is almost negligible, far more trade is done southward into the US. With thinktanks and other groups talking about 'Atlantica', there may be more to offer the maritimes in a seceded Quebec 'federation' than is currently available in Canada. Currently the federation provides 1/4 of east coast government funds, but under the tories that may change, and as mentioned, strategic investments may become available from places in South America looking for northern 'partners'. Who knows?

Aldebaran @ Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:30 pm

<br /> Not only Venezuela but Mexico as well. Maybe we can give some barrels of oil for free until Québec's economy is in process of healing. If Québec separates that will be a death blow to the Anglo-Saxon pride and imperialism. (England pride mainly). And for the Canada I don't see any problem for the survive of the country without Québec in fact it will be healthy for their economy and politics.<br /> <br /> Merci Michou.

Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7