Canada Kicks Ass
And the biggest loser is.....

Hyack @ Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:27 pm

I've been thinking of this thread for a while. Here's your chance to vent your frustrations, dislikes or utter hatred of those who keep us entertained on a nightly basis. Whether it's an actor/actress playing a role on a weekly serial or a real honest human being in one of the reality shows, crabbers, gold miners, fishermen, hermits.....what have you. Even newsmen and sports announcers are viable targets along with info commercials, although they could or should have a special thread for themselves..... Give us your view of someone who, in your opinion, is a total loser, someone the show or even life itself could do without.

As for myself, I like the outdoorsy type shows, those people living off the land and also off the grid. Alaska, the last frontier is one of my favorites aside from....Jane....Atz Lee's wife and in some earlier episode mother of one or two kids. IMO this woman is not cut out to live in the outdoors, highly strung, totally uncoordinated, and also has a brain about the size of a pea. I don't know what got the two of them together but I do know the show would be a lot better without her....

Tyler_1 @ Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:48 am

All I can think of is this song that plays almost every morning when we are having the coffee.
Poor old Mr. Miss Understood. PDT_Armataz_01_33

JaredMilne @ Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:41 pm

For me, it's Ezra Levant.

Now, I'll start off by conceding he does have a point about things like the human rights tribunals, and the advantages of Canadian over foreign oil...but he's just such an arrogant, classless douche that I personally can't stand him...and neither can a lot of people who might otherwise be expected to like him.

I fail to see, for instance, how telling a foreign banana executive to commit incest, only depicting the loony protesters against government surveillance laws while ignoring the principled conservatives who are also worried about them, doing his best Jason Voorhees impression on a defenceless houseplant, prancing around with an orange wig and drinking Orange Crush shortly after Jack Layton's death, throwing a petulant hissy fit when the American people make him look foolish, giving an unhinged rant about the Trudeau family's sex life, and then declaring that oil companies who approve of the Alberta government's carbon plan somehow don't speak for the oil industry (only to later have the head of the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers speak up in favour of it), are supposed to convince people of his positions, if they don't already agree with him.

If you go back to the discussion we had about SUN TV going off the air, it says a lot that so many of the people who were either indifferent to SUN News's demise or were glad that it was gone were themselves Conservative Party supporters, judging by the logos in their profiles.

That indicates the extent to which Levant is disliked even by other conservatives, less for his political beliefs than for his being a jackass in general.