Canada Kicks Ass
Notley's overheated rhetoric roasts her own credibility

Previous  1  2  3

bootlegga @ Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:40 pm

Canadian_Mind Canadian_Mind:
llama66 llama66:
As bad as things are here in Alberta, at least we are not in the position Ontario is in

Reason #1 to partition the country. Let Ontario and Quebec go bankrupt without taking down everyone else with them. Once that's happened, we can all get back together in one big happy federation without that massive weight strung about our neck.

As much as I hate the thought of joining the States, if things keep going the way they are, this guy will make more and more sense to more and more Albertans...

Thanos @ Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:54 pm

The funny part if that happens is that the ones who despise us so much precisely because of the oil & gas will be the first ones to say "hey, fine, you fuckers can leave but the oil stays behind with Canada". That's exactly what most of them were saying the last time this issue cropped up. Get the fuck out but leave all your stuff behind. There's that massive huge Canadian heart that's only full of fairness and hugs for you again. :lol:

BRAH @ Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:02 pm

Alberta needs to stop transfer payments.

Thanos @ Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Alberta won't do anything because, just like the previous hundred thousand times people began talking like this, no one in the provincial government ever has the guts to pick a real genuine constitutional fight with Ottawa. Even Klein was full of hot air, like when he'd mention privatizing some of the health care and would immediately back off as fast as he could when Chretien threatened to fine the province $200K per day over any violations of the Canada Health Act. I don't even want to talk about this stuff ever again, not because it bothers me all that much, but because it's a complete waste of time. NOTHING is ever going to change no matter how many times any of these issues are brought up again. Welcome to Trudeaupia - you can check in anytime you want but you can never leave, and this is as good as it's ever going to get.

BRAH @ Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:23 pm

Then talk of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba separating should be off the table too. Prentice was right about one thing, every time we look in the mirror we're the ones to blame for this shit show that gave us Notley and Trudeau.

Thanos @ Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:15 pm

It is what it is. Pretending it's anything else is just setting yourself up for heartbreak.

llama66 @ Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:24 pm

I think at some point there will be someone who like a Canadian Trump and they will pick the fight with Ottawa. Do I think this Trump like figure will come along anytime soon? Probably not,maybe 50 years

Previous  1  2  3