Canada Kicks Ass
Politically Incorrect Hypothetical Question

1  2  Next

grainfedprairieboy @ Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:32 pm

This is not meant to troll and is a really tough question to ask without appearing to be doing so but I have the best intentions here.

I was casually speaking with one of my customers the other day who is a Muslim and he was going on how he sends his boy to a Madrassa (Muslim only school) and it is very inconvenient for him because of how far it is away. So I asked him why and he surprised me with his answer. He told me that he fears if he sends his boy to a Canadian school he could become a homosexual or have homosexual friends.

Obviously you don't become gay because you hang out with homosexuals but in a way he did have an interesting though bigoted point particularly when you consider that almost all the white Anglo Saxon jihadists were introduced to Islam through friends at school while growing up.

My hypothetical politically incorrect question is this: If given a choice only between your son/daughter becoming a Muslim or coming out of the closet as gay which would you choose and why?

Freakinoldguy @ Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:44 pm

grainfedprairieboy grainfedprairieboy:
This is not meant to troll and is a really tough question to ask without appearing to be doing so but I have the best intentions here.

I was casually speaking with one of my customers the other day who is a Muslim and he was going on how he sends his boy to a Madrassa (Muslim only school) and it is very inconvenient for him because of how far it is away. So I asked him why and he surprised me with his answer. He told me that he fears if he sends his boy to a Canadian school he could become a homosexual or have homosexual friends.

Obviously you don't become gay because you hang out with homosexuals but in a way he did have an interesting though bigoted point particularly when you consider that almost all the white Anglo Saxon jihadists were introduced to Islam through friends at school while growing up.

My hypothetical politically incorrect question is this: If given a choice only between your son/daughter becoming a Muslim or coming out of the closet as gay which would you choose and why?

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

I fully expect to hear that your door was broken down by the SWAT team from the Human Rights Council of Canada and you're now undergoing extensive sensitivity training just for asking that type of question. :P

Besides, everyone already knows the answer. In Canada you want your children to come out of the closet as gay Muslims so they have all the politically correct bases covered. [B-o]

Goober911 @ Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:50 pm

I want my son to be a good man.
The rest is not relevant.

Hit the 1000- oh my.

grainfedprairieboy @ Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:59 pm

Goober911 Goober911:

Hit the 1000- oh my.

You're the one forced to choose for your child's future between gay and Muslim. Hair colour, attitude, health and happiness are irrelevant to the question.

Congrats on the 1K [B-o]

Freakinoldguy @ Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:02 pm

Goober911 Goober911:

Hit the 1000- oh my.

R=UP on both counts. To bad in the politically correct world of today you have to have a label because just being a decent human being isn't enough anymore.

Delwin @ Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:05 pm

Why do you care what your child's sexual orientation is ? How close is your family ? 8O

Goober911 @ Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:06 pm

Goober911 Goober911:

Hit the 1000- oh my.

You're the one forced to choose for your child's future between gay and Muslim. Hair colour, attitude, health and happiness are irrelevant to the question.

Congrats on the 1K [B-o]

No matter what I choose my son would be what they are.
Simple as that.

grainfedprairieboy @ Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:24 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
To bad in the politically correct world of today you have to have a label because just being a decent human being isn't enough anymore.

I don't think the old days were so great for not labelling and this is a much better era to be anything other than a straight educated white athletic well heeled white male.

grainfedprairieboy @ Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Delwin Delwin:
Why do you care what your child's sexual orientation is ? How close is your family ? 8O

Everyday as a parent you make many decisions with the ultimate goal of churning out a child who best exemplifies what you believe is the best adult possible.

I have no control over my child's sexual orientation to the best of my knowledge. The question is not about whether homosexuality is good or bad or whether Islam is good or bad though clearly in Canadian society neither is viewed as a positive by the broader population.

Freakinoldguy @ Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:02 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
To bad in the politically correct world of today you have to have a label because just being a decent human being isn't enough anymore.

I don't think the old days were so great for not labelling and this is a much better era to be anything other than a straight educated white athletic well heeled white male.

The only difference between then and now is the number of labels. Now everything has to have a label so the half wit social engineers can mess with it and in the rush to put those labels on everyone, we've forgotten about our own humanity.

Prime example of over labeling. Your're description of people from the "old" days.

Delwin @ Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:04 pm

Ok. That is fair enough. I guess it could be argued that being either of the 2 would inevitable lead to some experiences with discrimination and I suppose it is logical to conclude that most parents would rather their children not be the victim of discrimination.

I suppose from that perspective, I would rather my child be the one that experiences the lowest degree of discrimination. Although, my feeling is also that no matter what your ideology or appearance or sexual orientation is, at some point you are going to find yourself a minority among people who really don't like you.

Most minorities congregate and set up communities for support and to avoid discrimination. I think being a Muslim would be easier to mask in that context but then again, would I really want my child to have to hide who they are ?

I guess my feeling is that my very character is exactly based on my struggles and I wouldn't want to change that. If my child was Gay or Muslim, their experience would obviously be much different than mine but I consider this to be true of all children simply as a consequence of the time they live in.

This clearly doesn't answer your question but I see your question as one with no real answer, kind of like, which of your children would you save in a fire ? There may be a logical answer for one or the other based on the physics of the situation, but outside of that there probably isn't a good answer for it.

herbie @ Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:48 pm

I would think that if you keep your kid out of public school to prevent him/her from ever maybe having gay friends - you shouldn't have the right to decide your kid's school at all.

PublicAnimalNo9 @ Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:01 pm

I'd rather he was gay. Being Muslim is a choice, being gay isn't. Although to be honest, I wouldn't really want him caught up in any theistic religion.

grainfedprairieboy @ Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:15 pm

Delwin Delwin:
Ok. That is fair enough. I guess it could be argued that being either of the 2 would inevitable lead to some experiences with discrimination and I suppose it is logical to conclude that most parents would rather their children not be the victim of discrimination.

I suppose from that perspective, I would rather my child be the one that experiences the lowest degree of discrimination. Although, my feeling is also that no matter what your ideology or appearance or sexual orientation is, at some point you are going to find yourself a minority among people who really don't like you.

Most minorities congregate and set up communities for support and to avoid discrimination. I think being a Muslim would be easier to mask in that context but then again, would I really want my child to have to hide who they are ?

I guess my feeling is that my very character is exactly based on my struggles and I wouldn't want to change that. If my child was Gay or Muslim, their experience would obviously be much different than mine but I consider this to be true of all children simply as a consequence of the time they live in.

This clearly doesn't answer your question but I see your question as one with no real answer, kind of like, which of your children would you save in a fire ? There may be a logical answer for one or the other based on the physics of the situation, but outside of that there probably isn't a good answer for it.

That's a great answer though I actually regret posting the thread as it seemed clearer to me earlier in the day when this customer basically told me he didn't want to risk his kid 'catching gay' and I thought to myself: "buddy, most people would probably rather have a gay kid instead of a Muslim one".

andyt @ Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:21 pm

Being gay is actually fashionable these days. There seem to be lots of gay pretenders out there, and it's actually one way to attract women and then pounce. Gays are now everywhere, are in the ascent. Depends where you live of course.

Muslims, I think are going to face a tough road in the West. The further we get into it with the jihadis, the more people will see all Muslims as the enemy. Another 9/11 type attack, and I would fear for my life if I was Muslim.

Being a gay Muslim of course is likely not so pleasant. You get persecuted for being Muslim by the larger society, then persecuted within the Muslim world for being openly gay. Claiming to be straight while cornholing little boys, otoh, seems to have acceptance in some parts of the community.

As for madrassas, I sure hope the govt has the balls to make sure they are teaching all of the curriculum if they get govt funding, and if not, the kids should not be allowed to be there. But then the govt is OK with our homegrown polygamists teaching bullshit while fully funding their school in Bountiful.

1  2  Next