Canada Kicks Ass
Spying on Canadians by the NSA to be revealed "soon"

Previous  1  2  3  Next

Lemmy @ Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:55 pm

shockedcanadian shockedcanadian:
So you want to hang out, grab a coffee or something?

Sure. I'll bring my brother along. He's a Det-Sgt. with the York Region Police.

shockedcanadian @ Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:11 pm

Well then you obviously have a worse bias than myself. At least I try and present facts than hiding behind my bias. I have never spoken ill towards a good officer or a good spook and I have spoken to many of them as I try to clear my name (even via court proceedings), but there is plenty of bad apples and fat that could be cut, I bet if you asked your brother he would state the same.

So, if you can explain to me how and why we need more policing, more undercover operations, more access to regular Canadians privacy and an increase to budgets that have ballooned over the last few years I am all ears, I would love to hear the argument. Furthermore, the Sun, Star and CBC wouldn't keep reporting the same message.

As it stands, in the opinion of myself and many others, the current policing model is unsustainable. There is a strong argument being made by many that in fact the undercover apparatus works to justify their existence, "generate business" via entrapment and God knows what methods to ensure that business grows. It was bound to happen with crime down, budgets up and Canada losing in their bid to be economically viable in the global economy. I know, I was falsely accused while in High School by some undercovers, when I was exonerated, the police in uniform and the detective who investigated both apologized to me; they even said they received some "bad information"...to put it mildly, yeah...

Here's another link for ya to help you understand the situation we are facing:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/the-explo ... -1.1330251

In the U.S., the economic crisis has resulted in massive budget cuts where nearly half of American police forces have seen their finances slashed by 20 to 40 per cent in the last four years.

The laying off of police officers, unpaid furloughs and the disorganization of community policing programs has been the unfortunate result.

In Britain, the government has cut police budgets by 20 per cent across the nation, part of a broad austerity program — and has been experimenting with the most extensive privatization of police services since the 1700s.

shockedcanadian @ Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:29 pm

Also, I suggest you edit your post about where you reside, even if it is false information. I was attempting some levity when I stated we hang out and have coffee, you don't sound like you are interested in that based on the language you used.

Don't worry about me, Im a married man, with a family and responsibilities, my university days are long behind me. Some small amount of decorum in future would be appreciated. You can disagree all you want, but show some manners. If not, simply don't respond to my postings.

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:11 pm

sandorski sandorski:
Stop watching me masturbate, America! :twisted:

[cheer]

So that's what that little glass button on the top of my laptop is for. ROTFL

Lemmy @ Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:11 pm

Well then you obviously have a worse bias than myself. At least I try and present facts than hiding behind my bias. I have never spoken ill towards a good officer or a good spook and I have spoken to many of them as I try to clear my name (even via court proceedings), but there is plenty of bad apples and fat that could be cut, I bet if you asked your brother he would state the same.

I've spent the past two decades researching public employees. I have no bias. What I have is 20+ years of data. And the little data I have on you tells me you're a nutcase with an axe to grind.

Some small amount of decorum in future would be appreciated. You can disagree all you want, but show some manners. If not, simply don't respond to my postings.

Go fuck your hat, you paranoid lunatic. Better?

shockedcanadian @ Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:06 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:

I've spent the past two decades researching public employees. I have no bias. What I have is 20+ years of data. And the little data I have on you tells me you're a nutcase with an axe to grind.

Some small amount of decorum in future would be appreciated. You can disagree all you want, but show some manners. If not, simply don't respond to my postings.

Go fuck your hat, you paranoid lunatic. Better?

Then provide the data. Make your case. It's quite easy to state something like that without an ounce of information or even a link from a mainstream newspaper. I do my best to provide information, I don't pull something out of my ass...I don't think you have anything, but I am willing to give a loudmouth like you the benefit of the doubt.

You swear and give your location and let the world know that your brother is a detective and you call me the lunatic?

What are you studying at University, pottery or have the standards been lowered than much? I pray that you aren't in police foundations or criminology, we need LESS of that in our police forces.

Lemmy @ Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:17 pm

What are you studying at University, pottery or have the standards been lowered than[sic] much? I pray that you aren't in police foundations or criminology, we need LESS of that in our police forces.

Lemmy Lemmy:
I've spent the past two decades researching public employees

You can read, right?

shockedcanadian @ Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:30 pm

Then provide some details, you must have a great deal of information to share based on your research.

Everyone from Macleans magazine, cbc, National Post, the federal government, former public safety ministers and OPP chief of police have stated publicly that police costs are either too high or not reasonable based on the falling crime stats. You might not like to hear that, and almost to a man Canadians will support good, honest police officers in uniform, but we are reaching a crisis stage by many accounts.

How do you have such a trove of information that deviates from the assumed sustainability of these agencies (in particular the sub-culture of these agencies which I focus on; that of the unaccountable undercover operations)?

Lemmy @ Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:41 pm

You're attempting to put words in my mouth. Have I ever said that I disagree that our expenditure on law enforcement is too high? It's your irrational, soap-box hard-on for plain clothed cops (which clearly comes more from your personal experience than from reality) that I'm calling out. In my professional opinion, we spend much too much on policing. But that doesn't make undercovers the goons you're suggesting. Until you abandon that biased and irrational craziness, you and I aren't going to be swapping any spit, Sizzle-chest.

The folks at Macleans and the Post might be fine newspaper men and women. They're not academics though. If you want to engage a labour economist, specializing in public sector employees, on the costs and benefits of policing, you better bring a hell of a lot more than internet links to newspaper articles and Freudian personal baggage. Maybe you should read some professional journals. The first step is to get your head out of your ass; makes it easier to see.

Thanos @ Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:57 pm

Sizzlechest? Do you teach a class in Jerky Boys 101? :lol: :mrgreen:

BartSimpson @ Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:52 am

The question here is does the NSA spy on Canadians with or without permission from your government? :idea:

DrCaleb @ Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:54 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
The question here is does the NSA spy on Canadians with or without permission from your government? :idea:

We aren't allowed to know the answer to that. And most are too busy playing 'Angry Birds' to care.

All I can say is a story from long ago; When I was in Tech School getting schooled in computers and things, I had a friend who was in construction. They were laying a bunch of new telephone trunks that terminated in a new building right under 109th street and Kingsway Ave. Then the telephone trunks continued to the Ed Tel substation.

For those who know Edmonton, that address is for RCMP K division Headquarters, and the 'Ed Tel' of Edmonton Telephones puts the date before the formation of CSIS when the RCMP was Canada's 'Spy' agency. :idea:

tssstein @ Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:22 pm

Then again, impossing hate crimes laws against free speach is a stunning application of fascism, yet it seems to go on. Our bill of rights is the insurance policy, compelling nature's inalienable rights, for which limited government, given by duration of constitutional perscription,and citizen consent, dictates those responsibilities given by the voters, to their constituted authorities. These limited rights are granted by the citizen owners and are not negotiable. In all our imperfection, the supremacy of the individual and the impermanence of allowed authority are the two features of constitutional government which most align us with not only the Magna Carta of common law but the often forgotten agreements which are supposed to be solidified in that common law agreement. Nobody talks about such things. If they did, then the nature of these conversations would be short and sweet.
When I worked for the military arm of "no such agency," I like every other of my fellow soldiers were aware of the terrible nature of the technology laid at our feet which presented the capability of recording every utterance of every noise made on earth, and the ability to distinguish each from all others. But, we were not having such a conversation to mask the criminal activities of political creatures. Our job was to protect lines of supply and communications, by keeping an eye on consultancies such as the CIA, their equivalence in the armed forces,agency staff, and of course foreign elements. We were much too busy tracking Soviet ships, and Soviet conversations, then to bother our freinds up north. Additionally, as far as I know, the Canadians have never tried to slip a suitcase nuke into the US whereas our red freinds never ceased.

BartSimpson @ Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:53 pm

tssstein tssstein:
Then again, impossing hate crimes laws against free speach is a stunning application of fascism, yet it seems to go on. Our bill of rights is the insurance policy, compelling nature's inalienable rights, for which limited government, given by duration of constitutional perscription,and citizen consent, dictates those responsibilities given by the voters, to their constituted authorities. These limited rights are granted by the citizen owners and are not negotiable. In all our imperfection, the supremacy of the individual and the impermanence of allowed authority are the two features of constitutional government which most align us with not only the Magna Carta of common law but the often forgotten agreements which are supposed to be solidified in that common law agreement. Nobody talks about such things. If they did, then the nature of these conversations would be short and sweet.
When I worked for the military arm of "no such agency," I like every other of my fellow soldiers were aware of the terrible nature of the technology laid at our feet which presented the capability of recording every utterance of every noise made on earth, and the ability to distinguish each from all others. But, we were not having such a conversation to mask the criminal activities of political creatures. Our job was to protect lines of supply and communications, by keeping an eye on consultancies such as the CIA, their equivalence in the armed forces,agency staff, and of course foreign elements. We were much too busy tracking Soviet ships, and Soviet conversations, then to bother our freinds up north. Additionally, as far as I know, the Canadians have never tried to slip a suitcase nuke into the US whereas our red freinds never ceased.

Welcome to the Age of Obama in which friends are treated as enemies and enemies are treated as friends.

Thanos @ Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:57 pm

RINO! RINO! RINO!

“The person who agrees with you 80 percent of the time is a friend and an ally – not a 20 percent traitor."

- Ronald Reagan, US President, notable RINO

RINO! RINO! RINO!

Previous  1  2  3  Next