Canada Kicks Ass
Warming lull since 1998 haunts the liars.

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Zipperfish @ Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:05 pm

desertdude desertdude:
Flin Flon...is that really a place ?

It is. Named after the main character in an old paperback sci-fi novel read by the town's founder.

$1:
The town's name is taken from the lead character in a paperback novel, The Sunless City by J. E. Preston Muddock. Josiah Flintabbatey Flonatin piloted a submarine through a bottomless lake where he passed into a strange underground world through a hole lined with gold. A copy of the book was allegedly found and read by prospector Tom Creighton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flin_Flon#Origin_of_the_name

sandorski @ Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:38 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
No....we're two hours north west of Flin Flon. last winter was the coldest in ages for me because I went from +28C to -25 C in 36 hours. Hydro bill was ridiculous for a couple of months and I was in SW Manitoba.....It's only 3C out right now and our furnace has been ripped apart, so it's a might chilly. I sort of miss the low to mid 40 degree humidexes of mid September right now

Ouch! That must have been a shock. Flin Flon? Is that near Creighton? :lol:

just down the street from toronta, tell Joe I said "Hi".

desertdude @ Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:51 pm

Well its a good thing he wasn't a fan of marvel and named the town something like asbestos man.

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:52 pm

*whoosh* missed that joke. Creighton is what they call the Saskatchewan side of Flin Flon

fifeboy @ Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:54 pm

desertdude desertdude:
Well its a good thing he wasn't a fan of marvel and named the town something like asbestos man.

Nope, Asbestos is in Quebec :P

fifeboy @ Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:57 pm

*whoosh* missed that joke. Creighton is what they call the Saskatchewan side of Flin Flon

I BEG YOUR PARDON , Flin Flon is what they call the Manitoba side of Creighton, I have it on good authority! [but]

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:39 pm

well, your sources and experts are sadly mistaken, while mine have the real facts on their side

fifeboy @ Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:55 pm

well, your sources and experts are sadly mistaken, while mine have the real facts on their side
Now your just trying to hurt me :(

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Flin Flon denier

jj2424 @ Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:38 pm

Probably a Piapot denier as well.

fifeboy @ Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:47 pm

Flin Flon denier
Well, for one thing the guy's name was Flintabbatey Flonatin, not Flin Flon and he lived in a Sunless City under the lake. Now anyone who knows anything knows that a sunless city under a lake would quickly become too cold to live in as bottom temperatures quickly fell below 4 C. Then his name would have to be Flintabbatey Frozentin, not Flonatin. I have all the charts and data somewhere but can't seem to find them. You will have to rely on my word, as one of the leading experts on the THEORY OF ALL KNOWLEDGE, so there! :evil: [moon]

fifeboy @ Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:52 pm

jj2424 jj2424:
Probably a Piapot denier as well.
Was Piapot your grandfather?

stratos @ Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:05 am

I'm waiting for a town named Flim Flam and another named Hole in the Ground.

martin14 @ Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:08 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/enviro ... ioner.html

$1:
EU policy on climate change is right even if science was wrong, says commissioner
Regardless of whether or not scientists are wrong on global warming, the European Union is pursuing the correct energy policies even if they lead to higher prices, Europe’s climate commissioner has said.

Connie Hedegaard's comments come as the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) is expected to admit that previous scientific predictions for global warming and the effects of carbon emissions have been proved to be inaccurate

So now they will use any reason they can to justify the meddling in the market,
the fear mongering, and of course all the tax hikes. :lol: :lol:

BartSimpson @ Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:01 am

They're right even if they're wrong. :roll:

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next