Canada Kicks Ass
I joined the Girl Guides ...

1  2  Next

Banff @ Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:23 am

Who the fuck would condemn someone for joining anything ??? 9 pages of pure crap for status vs. membership . 8O 8O 8O although I was trying to be polite and encouraging on that other thread I probably ended up doing nothing but encouraging Semantics . Probably the most open season hunting thread I've ever seen so heres a thread to apologize , fuck off , or join me in being a part of and discussing the girl guides of Canada .

I'm excited about joining so lets talk :

I am over 200 lbs and over six feet tall and have a really hairy back do you think I should be allowed to join the girl guides . I really like the cookies and think maybe I can help sell them if I get to eat some . Maybe one box sold earns one box of cookies eaten . My name is Grover and I have a freind name cookie monster who wants to join to . anyone else out there thought about joining ? Check out all the wonderful things we get to do http://www.canadaka.net/modules.php?nam ... c&start=15

ponygurl @ Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:59 am

Banff Banff:
Who the fuck would condemn someone for joining anything ??? 9 pages of pure crap for status vs. membership . 8O 8O 8O although I was trying to be polite and encouraging on that other thread I probably ended up doing nothing but encouraging Semantics . Probably the most open season hunting thread I've ever seen so heres a thread to apologize , fuck off , or join me in being a part of and discussing the girl guides of Canada .

I'm excited about joining so lets talk :

I am over 200 lbs and over six feet tall and have a really hairy back do you think I should be allowed to join the girl guides . I really like the cookies and think maybe I can help sell them if I get to eat some . Maybe one box sold earns one box of cookies eaten . My name is Grover and I have a freind name cookie monster who wants to join to . anyone else out there thought about joining ? Check out all the wonderful things we get to do http://www.canadaka.net/modules.php?nam ... c&start=15

:lol: I sense some angst.

I was a Girl Guide leader for many years. I lead Sparks and Brownies. If you are from the West, they are called something else there.. but the age group is basically the same.

I will not condemn you. ..in fact I say Bravo.. our kids need a place to go to keep them off the streets and create a sense of community. Many years have passed, and now I see the same kids that were my little Brownies in the halls of the high school my daughters attend , and say "hey..I remember you" :P

Beware.. obtaining parental participation with the group is like pulling fricken' teeth.

However, some of my very fondest memories are the sleepovers we organized in the local RA., the camping trips we took the kids on, and the songs. "There ain't no Flies on Us" will always ring through my ears.

The group of women I shared leadership of the three Girl Guide groups with in my community are fast and furious friends. That club fostered our relationships, and to an extent our daughters relationships. In fact, one of our fellow leaders whose family transferred to New Brunswick 7 years ago was home for a visit this week, and the same old group got together around a campfire and toasted our friendship with a couple glasses of red wine. :D

So.. try to look past the politics of the organization, eat a box of cookies for me (not the mint ones though) and have a blast. 8)

rockrodeo @ Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:42 am

I was a Brownie and a Girl Guide and I have nothing but good to say about my experiences. When I was younger I was jealous of my friends who were in dance classes instead of Guides, it made me feel very unglamorous in comparison. But once we got into our teens and were having bush parties we came to realize that I had a practical edge over my ballerina and jazz counterparts; I developed a certain practicality to my nature and was the only one who could start a fire and keep it going with soggy wood, plus my braiding and knotwork was vastly superior. :D

ziggy @ Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:12 am

$1:
I am over 200 lbs and over six feet tall and have a really hairy back do you think I should be allowed to join the girl guides
No but thanks anyways for the real ugly mind pic I have running through my brain right now. :roll: :lol:

Dont think you'll do real good with the cookie sales either. :o

Circle-jack @ Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:41 am

I was the first Male brownie in the world!

I don't know about over there, but we have droped the "Girl" to make it just "Guides"

ziggy @ Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:21 am

Circle-jack Circle-jack:
I was the first Male brownie in the world!

I don't know about over there, but we have droped the "Girl" to make it just "Guides"
I got kicked out of cub scouts ........for eating a brownie. :o

stratos @ Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:24 am

I got a brownie badge for haveing 2 brownies in my bed 8)

ziggy @ Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:35 am

stratos stratos:

You dog you. :wink:

rockrodeo @ Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:24 pm

lily lily:
$1:
I was a Girl Guide leader for many years. I lead Sparks and Brownies. If you are from the West, they are called something else there.. but the age group is basically the same.

It's called Sparks and Brownies here too.

I was a Brownie, Guide and even a Ranger (we joined Rangers so we could go to Mexico). I earned my Canada Cord and have a lot of fond memories of everything except the ugly uniforms. The new ones are a lot nicer and far more functional.

Banff - I have no idea why you started this thread. Your link leads to a topic about free hugs, not one of 9 pages about status vs membership.

I'm one of those sexist people that feels boys shouldn't be Guides, and I can't explain why.

I agree with you, Lily. It's not neccesarily a bad thing to have certain groups and activities gender segregated. I thought it was the shits when girls wanted to join Scouts. It's not that I'm terribly traditionalist, it's that there is a good reason for same sex peer group organizations.

It reminds me of those two teen girls that wanted to join the boy's hockey team; I'm GLAD they didn't make the cut. WTF? Last time I checked, Canada's Olympic female hockey team was better than the male team, probably because it wasn't a bunch of skate divas stroking their egos on ice... :P

ziggy @ Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:35 pm

rockrodeo rockrodeo:
lily lily:
$1:

It's called Sparks and Brownies here too.

I was a Brownie, Guide and even a Ranger (we joined Rangers so we could go to Mexico). I earned my Canada Cord and have a lot of fond memories of everything except the ugly uniforms. The new ones are a lot nicer and far more functional.

Banff - I have no idea why you started this thread. Your link leads to a topic about free hugs, not one of 9 pages about status vs membership.

I'm one of those sexist people that feels boys shouldn't be Guides, and I can't explain why.

I agree with you, Lily. It's not neccesarily a bad thing to have certain groups and activities gender segregated. I thought it was the shits when girls wanted to join Scouts. It's not that I'm terribly traditionalist, it's that there is a good reason for same sex peer group organizations.

It reminds me of those two teen girls that wanted to join the boy's hockey team; I'm GLAD they didn't make the cut. WTF? Last time I checked, Canada's Olympic female hockey team was better than the male team, probably because it wasn't a bunch of skate divas stroking their egos on ice... :P

Arent they all lesbians? 8O

Clogeroo @ Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:52 pm

Is there a difference between Girl Guides and Boy Scouts? I thought they did the same things? Except one might make brownies.

Clogeroo @ Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:00 pm

Yes I was in beavers and cubs. I remember going camping and making things. Then why would girls want to be scouts or guys want to be guides if it is all the same stuff?

Clogeroo @ Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:04 pm

Oh okay makes sense.

BartSimpson @ Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:22 pm

stratos stratos:

Did you also get the 25-to-life all-expense paid vacation at a prison?

Bodah @ Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:01 pm

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
Yes I was in beavers and cubs. I remember going camping and making things. Then why would girls want to be scouts or guys want to be guides if it is all the same stuff?

The granola crunchering feminists says it because its not right for them to be excluded from a group because of there vaginas but its ok to exclude penises from their groups.

Kinda of their way of say NA NA NANA NA PDT_Armataz_01_27

Its a chick thing.

1  2  Next