Canada Kicks Ass
Is it okay to hate Christians?

Previous  1 ... 11  12  13  14  15  16  Next

BartSimpson @ Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:29 pm

Maybe the Christians should be rounded up and dealt with.

Ripcat @ Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:01 pm

Bart, perhaps you should start a new poll/thread asking "Is it OK to hate a Christian simply because they are Christian". Then you can ask the same of Muslims and Jew and Hindus and the non-religious and atheists etc, etc.

That would get the results you are really looking for.

Too bad you can't add a second poll question so you could ask the poll responders what their beliefs are. This way you could really be sure of your enemies and focus your hate towards them.

Wullu @ Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:01 pm

PJB PJB:
Bart...Hating Christians is merely a form of ignorance that so-called athiests and whatever else they call themselves use.

So called? I am no more a "so called" atheist than you are a "so called" what ever the fuck you are.

Don't go lumping me in with the haters asshole!

Schleihauf @ Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:18 pm

I wounder how the results would have turned out if you asked "Do you hate Christians?". People who vote yes on this poll can say "I don't hate Christians but its ok for others to hate them.".

Blue_Nose @ Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:24 pm

Schleihauf Schleihauf:
I wounder how the results would have turned out if you asked "Do you hate Christians?". People who vote yes on this poll can say "I don't hate Christians but its ok for others to hate them.".
Schleihauf highlights the blatant problem with the open-endedness of the question that Bart can't even see in his own poll.

A-mazing.

Arctic_Menace @ Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:10 pm

$1:
Meaning to buy a sword to defend yourself. Jesus was a pacifist in that Christians weren't supposed to start violence, but He also did not intend for them to just sit there and die when someone came to harm them.

Nope. Not it. Thanks for trying though. :wink:

$1:
Especially since it doesn't exist.

Riiiight.... :roll:

RUEZ @ Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:13 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Maybe the Christians should be rounded up and dealt with.

Indeed , I'm going to need a place to stay soon.

themasta @ Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:18 pm

Is it okay to hate the Jews? What about Blacks? What about that guy across the street who disagrees with you? Is it okay to hate anyone? This is a silly topic and I'm surprised it has gone on this long.

BartSimpson @ Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:20 pm

That was the question. Plain and simple.

No, I didn't parse the question and slice and dice it and refine it - I assume that most of you are mature, intelligent adults and not lawyers.

I did not want to know if anyone in particular hated Christians and if I did I'd have asked for names to go with the question.

I simply wanted to know an answer to exactly the question I asked.

And now I know that for some people on this site it is okay to hate Christians.

Thank you to everyone who voted one way or the other. I appreciate your candor and honesty. :wink:

Scrappy @ Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:42 pm

themasta themasta:
Is it okay to hate the Jews? What about Blacks? What about that guy across the street who disagrees with you? Is it okay to hate anyone? This is a silly topic and I'm surprised it has gone on this long.

Yet themasta you felt compelled to stand on your soap box and orate your displeasure. Tisk, tisk. What's t hat smell?????????????????????????????

RUEZ @ Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:48 pm

Scrappy Scrappy:
themasta themasta:

Yet themasta you felt compelled to stand on your soap box and orate your displeasure. Tisk, tisk. What's t hat smell?????????????????????????????
All future topics will be passed by themasta before being posted. That is all.

grainfedprairieboy @ Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:01 pm

As a matter of public record I voted "yes" and not out of some misguided animosity against the faith but because I believe that what you choose to believe should be your inalienable right. Don't like blacks, whites, natives, Jews or Muslims and want to pass on your prejudices to your children or neighbours? Bully for you. Want to deny the Holocaust, shape of the earth, moon landing, or 9/11 and make sure people know why you subscribe to that belief? It is your soldier given right and anyone who tries to stop or silence you is the problem and not the solution. What to push the limits of freedom and advocate pedophilia, homosexuality, necrophilia and bestiality? You personally make me sick but I’ll defend your right to say it while I vehemently argue against it and struggle to suppress the gag reflex.

As free thinking men we should be able to weigh the evidence before us and draw our own conclusions based on our own decisions and not be forced or tricked into regurgitating the decisions made by those who feel we should be sheltered or shielded from information which may lead us to position ourselves on the “wrong” side of the issue.

Blue_Nose @ Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:24 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

"Okay" could mean "socially acceptable", "fair", "logical", "legal", or any number of other things, and leaving that open to our interpretation doesn't lend itself to your being able to abstract any conclusions whatsoever.

Also, the polls are broken. Someone could have voted 'yes' 15 times for all you know.

stratos @ Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:53 pm

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

"Okay" could mean "socially acceptable", "fair", "logical", "legal", or any number of other things, and leaving that open to our interpretation doesn't lend itself to your being able to abstract any conclusions whatsoever.

Also, the polls are broken. Someone could have voted 'yes' 15 times for all you know.

What it does show is that those who voted yes should vote yes to all hate groups being OK. That any post or comment of hate directed at anyone with out a lot of thought and reasons behind it is still OK. Bet none of those who voted yes would condone hate directed towards them and or their beliefs let alone their country and family and friends.

USCAdad @ Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:01 pm

The easy way is to run the argument the other way. Is it the case that it is never ok to hate a Christian? The clear answer should be no. There are going to be a whole host who qualify as both Christian and worthy of contempt and hatred. Unless, of course, you want to start parsing and reducing the term hatred to something extreme. As presented, the question is ambiguous and over broad. It serves it's intended purpose in giving Bart something to brood about.

Previous  1 ... 11  12  13  14  15  16  Next