Canada Kicks Ass
Religion, Hindrance or Benefit

Previous  1  2  3  Next

themasta @ Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:03 am

Two things I noticed reading the posts. One was by Canucker I think, he said something about how all the wars in history were because of religion. I tend to disagree with that, most wars were for power and wealth. I do not think the Falkland Islands were invaded by religious zealots seeking to destroy Anglicanism. Secondly, an interesting note about the commandment "Thou shalt not kill". The actual translation reads, "Thou shalt not murder". A very subtle change that creates a different meaning. Murder and killing are closely connected but not the same thing. If you can rightly justify killing someone, it is not murder (think self-defense).
I personally think that if used effectively and in moderation religion can be a benefit to man, but sadly it is rarely used as it should be and much has been done in the name of God. That is just human nature.

hwacker @ Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:09 am

Avro Avro:
$1:
assisting" your just stupid,

They are not telling every TOM, DICK AND TOWABE to mount everything that moves. Maybe if the people did not go around and act like dogs in heat the problem wouldn't exist.

Next your going to say the HIV was brought there from the Vatican.

Oh boy where to start.

Let me start off by saying that it would be biased of me not to mention that the Catholic Church has done a lot to bring aids medicine to Africa and for that I commend them.

However, it is totally irresponsible for them to go into Africa with their immense power and tell the people there, that they will burn in hell if they use condoms because "every sperm is sacred".

Let me also point that saying things like "Maybe if the people did not go around and act like dogs in heat the problem wouldn't exist" is really a poor way of describing an entire race and culture, how very racist of you, but I am not surprised.

If you want a definition of stupid it's pissing on a country you live in while fawning over one you don't and might I add it is completely lacking in courage.

I will ask you a parting question: Are you a Catholic?

Take care Peniswacker.

Yes I am

And let me point out to the very thick AVRO.

They are getting AIDS from intercourse........

http://www.salaam.co.uk/themeofthemonth ... ex.php?l=4

65%, what amount do the Catholics need to be accountable for ?

2Cdo @ Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:44 pm

Avro how exactly is it "stupid" to criticize your own country while admiring anothers method of doing business? :?

Oh well, Christianity, Bush and Americans, who else do you blame for all the worlds problems? :roll:

Maybe your Islam extremist brothers can come to your rescue! :P

What difference does it make what religion a person is, if they disagree with you, you resort to childish name calling! Avro every cut and paste of yours just confirms what alot of people here think about you. Maybe it's time to be quiet and not confirm it! :lol: :lol:

BartSimpson @ Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:55 pm

themasta themasta:
Two things I noticed reading the posts. One was by Canucker I think, he said something about how all the wars in history were because of religion. I tend to disagree with that, most wars were for power and wealth. I do not think the Falkland Islands were invaded by religious zealots seeking to destroy Anglicanism. Secondly, an interesting note about the commandment "Thou shalt not kill". The actual translation reads, "Thou shalt not murder". A very subtle change that creates a different meaning. Murder and killing are closely connected but not the same thing. If you can rightly justify killing someone, it is not murder (think self-defense).
I personally think that if used effectively and in moderation religion can be a benefit to man, but sadly it is rarely used as it should be and much has been done in the name of God. That is just human nature.

PDT_Armataz_01_37

kal @ Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:47 pm

Religion in itself I do believe is an asset. Faith gives people strength.
Organised religion, on the other hand, is a hinderence. It's intolarent and ignorant. *coughcatholicchurchcough*

Constantinople @ Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:51 pm

kal kal:
Organised religion, on the other hand, is a hinderence. It's intolarent and ignorant. *coughcatholicchurchcough*

You're thinking the Church of the Middle Ages. If you want to see organized religion that is intolerant and ignorant today- look no further than Islam.

hwacker @ Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:53 pm

kal kal:

Why cause we think queers are morally corrupt and abortion is killing a human being.

Ask someone from Islam what they think about those as well.

DerbyX @ Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:44 pm

pudwacker wrote:

$1:
Why cause we think queers are morally corrupt and abortion is killing a human being.

Ask someone from Islam what they think about those as well.

Thats exactly right. You are intolerant because you think homosexuals are morally corrupt. It also shows you don't know what morality truly is. I know what islam thinks of them which is exactly why I rate your religion on the same level as islam, 2 sides of an intolerant coin. :roll:

Arctic_Menace @ Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:44 pm

So lets say a straight A student teenager was raped, got pregnant, and was told she could not have an abortion if she wanted one because the Church disagrees with that?!?! Sheesh. :roll:

And please do tell me how homosexuals....say it with me now, homosexuals.... are morally corrupt? Because I know some homosexual people(both male and female) who are pretty damn moral. Meaning, they do have morals, and quite a few of them because they are HUMAN BEINGS. Not friggin' Roswell aliens. :roll:

DerbyX @ Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:57 pm

Arky;

You show a vastly superior "morality" then many on this forum who hide behind religious intolerance. Keep it up!

R=UP R=UP R=UP

Arctic_Menace @ Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:06 pm

8)

WLDB @ Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:30 pm

I think it can be both. A hindrance because it causes quite a bit of violence and in some ways preaches it. On the other hand it gives some people a purpose in life.

I personally dont beleive in a "god".

Lord-Beaverbrook @ Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:13 pm

WLDB WLDB:
I think it can be both. A hindrance because it causes quite a bit of violence and in some ways preaches it. On the other hand it gives some people a purpose in life.

then you have questionable character you absolutist!

WLDB @ Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:15 pm

Lord-Beaverbrook Lord-Beaverbrook:
WLDB WLDB:

then you have questionable character you absolutist!

Well then question it! You are also a non-beleiver you hippocrite!

Previous  1  2  3  Next