Canada Kicks Ass
Farming welfare bums

Previous  1  2  3  4

Brent Swain @ Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:59 pm

When I worked in New Zealand in the 70's union membership was mandatory. This meant that they had to include people who were philosophically opposed to unions , who became a millstone around the neck of unions in opposing anything they wanted to do . As a result wages were abysmally low. Unions would be better of with volentary membership so they could jetisson such baggage and have a bit of solidarity.<br /> It's interesting hearing farmers complain about niusance deer.A friend who just got back from Sask said that herds of 30 or 40 deer at a time are showing up in peoples backyards trampling them to a pulp, about which they complain loudly, but are too dense to equate their deer problem with their no hunting signs posted everywhere . Such is the distance between urban dwellers and reality. I was told that there are all kinds of dead deer by the roadways, something that I never saw in 19 years of growing up there. Increasing bureaucracy has reduced the number of hunters to half of what it was 20 years ago and deer are starting to fill the vacuum left by the buffalo with the eventual promise of similar numbers. Ditto snow geese filling the vacuum left by passenger pidgeons.Thank their support for the gun registry for their problems? No they are not sharp enough to make that connection.<br /> Brent

Brent Swain @ Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:01 pm

What luxury we have ,to live in a country where people complain about a nuisance food supply and nuisance meat.

Brother Jonathan @ Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:05 pm

Brent,<br /> <br /> the Canadian Food Inspection Agency site can be found <a href="http://www.inspection.gc.ca/">here</a>.<br /> <br /> We intermittently go food shopping in Québec, and we’ve noted that the origin of produce is usually prominently displayed. I don’t know how much that varies from province to province, or from shop to shop.<br />

Brent Swain @ Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:21 pm

There is little such posting in bulk produce bins in BC.<br /> Extra foods in Comox has no such country of origin postings in it's bulk produce bins.<br /> Brent

Brent Swain @ Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:04 pm

If it weren't for the gun registry, the tories wouldn't be in government.One more huge cost of having it. Tory supporters in Sask and Manitoba say they are scared shitless of tory plans for the wheat board and will be voting NDP as soon as the gun registry is gone. With a minority government , electing an NDP member could easily tip the balance against corporate farming, and the rural clearances .The prairies are capable of electing a significant number of NDP members.<br /> Its too bad Ed Schreyer didn't get elected as he was the only one speaking out loudly against the Canadian clearances.<br /> Brent

Previous  1  2  3  4