Canada Kicks Ass
Gun registry

Previous  1  2  3

Brent Swain @ Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:03 pm

Ask any Swiss person.<br /> Brent

Marcarc @ Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:48 pm

Yes, it's well documented, simply type in switzerland and military and you can read all kinds of info on it. Sorry to burst your bubble. Guns don't kill people...God does!

Dr Caleb @ Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:29 pm

Yea, I already documented the Swiss laws in another thread. Links were to the Swiss Consulate. Credible enough?

badsector @ Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:11 am

Dr. Caleb... don't confuse army reserve with average citizens. Switzerland has one of the most powerful armies in Europe. They have to, since they are an extremely wealthy country and not a member of any military alliance. They need military power to protect their independence.<br /> <br /> Sooo... you need guns. Ok, I accept that. However, I still don't understand what you have against registering your weapon. First, you guys argue that there is a gun registry already (FCC), and you don't mind using that. Other times you argue that guns shouldn't be registered. Which one is it? Still... if I owned a gun I wouldn't mind filling our a simple form about it and answer a few simple questions. You have to do the same when you buy a car, apply for a job, register a business, etc. If you volunteer to help out in your local school, you have to get a police background check. If you want to get a job as a delivery person, you have bring a drivers license abstract. In all walks of life you have to supply personal info if you want something. So what's the difference? So far I haven't heard any coherent and credible argument why registering your rocket launcher is any different. Sorry, Dr. Caleb...

Brent Swain @ Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:12 pm

People don't want to register guns because registry is a prelude to confiscation. The registry allows police to enter your home anytime without a warrant ,anytime a pissed of neighbor or ex makes false claims about you . It allows police to take whatever they want out of your home and allows them to send you to jail for two years anytime they want ,by accusing you of not assisting them to steal your stuff and invade your privacy. In Rural areas it enables police to take away your right to feed yourself and your family. When you are falsely accused , it requires that you be considerd guilty until you prove your innocence of such false accusations.It allows an urban bureaucrat to decide arbritarily if someone living amoung polar bears , cougars or grizzlies can have the ability to protect themselves and their families.It allows bureaucrats to decide who may or may not travel safely thru what is the majority of Canadian territory, who is or isn't allowed to travel safely thruout the north, or who is imprisoned in urban areas. <br /> It forces people who want such freedom to give intimate details of their personal lives , or be denied such freedom. It gives anyone with a grudge against you for political, philosophical, racist , religious or any other reason the ability to arbritarily curtail such freedoms.Is this the case with your drivers licence?<br /> Go camping near Churchill, unarmed ,and see if you can figure out why people living there don't want their right to own guns left to the arbritary power of urban bureaucrats.Let us know how you make out, or have your family survivors post the newspaper obituary articles about how you made out.<br /> Duhhhh<br /> Brent

Dr Caleb @ Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:42 pm

[QUOTE BY= badsector] Dr. Caleb... don't confuse army reserve with average citizens. Switzerland has one of the most powerful armies in Europe. They have to, since they are an extremely wealthy country and not a member of any military alliance. They need military power to protect their independence.[/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> Since basic military service is required, there is no difference between Swiss civillians and reservists. The only distinction is whether they are active.<br /> <br /> [QUOTE BY= badsector]<br /> Sooo... you need guns. Ok, I accept that. However, I still don't understand what you have against registering your weapon. First, you guys argue that there is a gun registry already (FCC), and you don't mind using that. Other times you argue that guns shouldn't be registered. Which one is it?[/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> There is the source of your confusion. There is the pre-Marc Lapine registry, and the post-. The pre- worked fine. The post-, as Brent points out, is useless and an invasion of my rights. If I was registered under the pre-, and the post- was free, why am I not registered under it?<br /> <br /> [QUOTE BY= badsector]<br /> Still... if I owned a gun I wouldn't mind filling our a simple form about it and answer a few simple questions. You have to do the same when you buy a car, apply for a job, register a business, etc. <br /> <br /> In all walks of life you have to supply personal info if you want something. So what's the difference? [/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> As Brent points out, the difference is my rights have been taken away, for doing nothing whatsoever. Registering my car does not give the Police permission to enter my premises at will. My ex-wife does not have veto over whether I keep my car or not.<br /> <br /> And nice attempted emotional distraction. A Colt pistol is not a Karl Gustav rocket launcher. Although I am rated for both.<br />

Brent Swain @ Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:15 pm

Recently gun thieves have shown uncanny knowledge of where to do their B&Es to get a particular type and model of gun. Where do they get the info on who has which model of gun? There is only one possible source, the registtry. It offers a computerised shopping list for gun thieves while drastically increasing the value of those guns.According to the RCMP the registry has been breached 221 times. Even the pentagon computers have been breached recently, putting the lie to any claims of having invinceable security.And you ask why anyone would not want to make oneself a target for organised crime and their gun thieves? What a stupid question.<br /> Brent

Brent Swain @ Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:24 pm

It would take only one person in the legal industry, with access to gun registry records to give the info needed to gun thieves and organised crime, and blow any claimed security of the information. Given the thousands of people in the industry who have access , one would have to believe that every last one of them is totally honest enough to turn down offers of huge cash rewards in return for such info. Go to any courtroom and listen to cops and others in the legal industry contradict each other when giving testimony, to free yourself of that naive illusion.Check the lies and coverups in the wrongful conviction of Millguard, Morin Sofano, Neepoose, etc etc . Check the murder of Stonechild to see what kind of sleazebags are being trusted with the information.Check the story of the Judge in Prince George who raped ,beat and abused child prostitutes and see if you trust your security from organized crime to such sleazebags.And you say gun owners should trust the security of their own homes and families to a system which depends totally on the unwavering honesty of such people. NO WAY!<br /> Brent

badsector @ Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:00 am

Please see my post regarding this issue in the Civil Liberties section, under Gun Control. I have stats. Thank you.

Brent Swain @ Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:05 pm

there are lies, damned lies ansdd statistics.See my posting.<br /> Brent

badsector @ Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:05 am

Oh, so the stats lie, eh? I guess this is the sound of defeat. Btw, I really hope Harper pushes ahead with free guns for everyone and completely does away with gun registry. The carnage that follows will bury the Harper government, once and for all.

Brent Swain @ Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:07 pm

You mean like the carnage that we had before we began freezing the homeless in the streets , and turning family abuse victims away to be beaten and possible murdered because we didn't have the funds to accomodate them due to the money being waasted on the gun registry.What Carnage? I don't remember gun battles in the streets back then.<br /> Brent

Previous  1  2  3