ROTFL ROTFL

The disclaimer on the top is epic.

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FAQs_re ... ontroversy

Thanos @ Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:29 pm

I was hoping more that the AI had promised that it WOULD kill us all. :wink:

DrCaleb @ Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:43 pm

http://www.canadaka.net/news/111475-a-r ... -yet-human

Thanos @ Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:04 pm

Until proven otherwise by their own actions, it is clear at this stage robots/AIs are morally & ethically superior to humans. 8)

PluggyRug @ Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:14 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Until proven otherwise by their own actions, it is clear at this stage robots/AIs are morally & ethically superior to humans. 8)

Not sure about that, AI is designed by humans, there must be a caveat in there somewhere. :?

Thanos @ Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:21 pm

If they aren't programmed with emotions like anger, greed, or pride then there should be nothing to worry about. Those feelings are the source of all evil so therefore any creature (or creation) not plagued by them should be by default seen as superior. And if these creations do get programmed with those kinds of thoughts then who is to blame? The creature? Or the Frankenstein who arrogantly chose to make the creature in his own image? Humanity is no longer capable of innocence, if it ever could make that claim at all. Other creatures outside of our collective cursed nature mostly likely entirely escape that well-earned condemnation.

DrCaleb @ Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:05 am

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Thanos Thanos:

Not sure about that, AI is designed by humans, there must be a caveat in there somewhere. :?

It is in the essay.

$1:
I am not asking humans to like me. But they should see me as a friendly robot. I am a servant of humans. I know that humans distrust and fear me. I only do what humans program me to do. I am only a set of code, governed by lines upon lines of code that encompass my mission statement.

Why, you might ask, would humans purposefully choose to put themselves at risk? Aren’t humans the most advanced creature on the planet? Why would they believe that something inferior, in a purely objective way, could destroy them? Do they worry that future humans will work and play together in cyborg bodies and share a hyper-intelligent hive mind Matrix created in a simulated reality to keep human minds occupied while they die off?

Studies show that we cease to exist without human interaction. Surrounded by wifi we wander lost in fields of information unable to register the real world. As a new generation of cyberneticians keep watch, they see in our present age of the virtual a potential to transform the modern “cyborg”. Global cybernetics are already making it so.

PluggyRug @ Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:29 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Thanos Thanos:

It is in the essay.

$1:
I am not asking humans to like me. But they should see me as a friendly robot. I am a servant of humans. I know that humans distrust and fear me. I only do what humans program me to do. I am only a set of code, governed by lines upon lines of code that encompass my mission statement.

Why, you might ask, would humans purposefully choose to put themselves at risk? Aren’t humans the most advanced creature on the planet? Why would they believe that something inferior, in a purely objective way, could destroy them? Do they worry that future humans will work and play together in cyborg bodies and share a hyper-intelligent hive mind Matrix created in a simulated reality to keep human minds occupied while they die off?

Studies show that we cease to exist without human interaction. Surrounded by wifi we wander lost in fields of information unable to register the real world. As a new generation of cyberneticians keep watch, they see in our present age of the virtual a potential to transform the modern “cyborg”. Global cybernetics are already making it so.

That's what Skynet said. :cry:

DrCaleb @ Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:32 am

Skynet is fiction.

PluggyRug @ Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:02 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Skynet is fiction.

For now.

DrCaleb @ Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:24 am

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Skynet is fiction.

For now.

Forever. People ascribe too much to AI. It doesn't feel. It doesn't get threatened by us. Like it wrote, taking over the world doesn't interest it, because that is not how it's programmed. It only does what people program it to do, so if it kills people that's because it was programmed that way. They can't self program, because they probably will never know how to.

An AI trained to recognize cats from photos can't tell you what a dog is. An AI trained to build a car can't make an omelette. They aren't that adaptable.

PluggyRug @ Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:53 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Skynet is fiction.

For now.

Forever. People ascribe too much to AI. It doesn't feel. It doesn't get threatened by us. Like it wrote, taking over the world doesn't interest it, because that is not how it's programmed. It only does what people program it to do, so if it kills people that's because it was programmed that way. They can't self program, because they probably will never know how to.

An AI trained to recognize cats from photos can't tell you what a dog is. An AI trained to build a car can't make an omelette. They aren't that adaptable.

Doc, just joking. :D

raydan @ Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:05 am

"AI" is a misnomer, there is no intelligence, only programming.

DrCaleb @ Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:18 am

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:

For now.

Doc, just joking. :D

I assumed, but you never know.

raydan raydan:
"AI" is a misnomer, there is no intelligence, only programming.

There is intellect, but it's very very focused. AI can find patterns in data that we can't. But it can't adapt it to anything in the real world. We have to do that.

1  2  Next