Canada Kicks Ass
The Ridiculous Way We Used To Calculate Pi

Scape @ Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:33 pm

DrCaleb @ Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:20 am

xerxes @ Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:27 pm

That was an interesting vid. It also brought back painful memories of high school math and my almost daily exclamations of “fuck x.”

Thanos @ Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:03 am

High school math, you say.....

That shit seriously killed me, and my overall average. Never tweaked into it past basic algebra and trig. Not trying to be wimpy but school math gave me a self-esteem blow that was damn near impossible to recover from. :|

xerxes @ Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:55 am

Yeah it killed my average too. I could never get over a C+ in Math 12. It didn’t kill my self confidence, but it definitely showed me where my strengths were and Math was not it.

bootlegga @ Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:32 am

xerxes xerxes:
That was an interesting vid. It also brought back painful memories of high school math and my almost daily exclamations of “fuck x.”

My Grade 12 Math was a study in contrasts - I got 80s and 90s on things like mean/median, statistics and anything formula-based you could plug numbers into and get a concrete result.

But polynomials (algebra), trigonometry, and all the abstract shit killed me and dropped my mark to C minus in Math 30.

raydan @ Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:01 am

Math was my favourite and best subject... purposely pissed off my 11th grade (no 12th grade for me) math teacher by pointing out all the mistakes he made.