Canada Kicks Ass
2015 Continental Cup of Curling

Mowich @ Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:50 pm

Canada absolutely rocked the ice in Calgary this year. They took an early lead on the first day of competition and never looked back. Before the last rock was thrown in the mixed and men's skins game today, Mighty Mike McEwen had scored the final point to put Canada over the top and once again hoist the Cup for Canada.

Rock on Canada! :rock:

N_Fiddledog @ Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:40 pm

Why weren't the Americans there this year? Don't they usually play on our side?

Regina @ Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:07 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

I guess "The Iceman" didn't get a good crop to coach.

sandorski @ Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:24 pm

When my Bro brought me back from the Holidays from his home just north of Seattle, we went through my local Mall(Coquitlam Centre Mall). In the Mall there are numerous couches for shoppers to rest and at some of these places there are a few TVs. As we passed by one of these places what was on the TV but Curling. He said, "We must be in Canada" :lol: :lol:

Mowich @ Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:25 pm

We came. We played. And we took home all the awards and all the money. From start to finish, Canada simply ruled the ice. There were flashes of brilliance from the Europeans but they could not sustain any momentum. From Day 1, Team Canada had a better handle on the ice and were thus able to call the shots with a greater degree of finesse.

Well done, Team Canada. :rock: :rock: Can hardly wait to watch Pinty's should be some house-rockin' curling - these young curlers are hot!

Mowich @ Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:36 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

Apparently, they changed the way teams are selected this year and for the future. Team North America which included the US was replaced by Team Canada - made up from the best teams across Canada.