Canada Kicks Ass
Canadian Gaelic Games Fans

nathan_ @ Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:20 am

Hey,

Are there any gaelic games fans from Canada who follow teams and watch gaelic games online?

If so, what service do you use to watch gaelic games and what teams do you follow in ireland OR Canada?

Cheers!

Sunnyways @ Wed May 04, 2016 4:08 pm

The sports channels cover some of the big football and hurling matches but not as often as they used to do when Setanta were around. They even showed Portumna a few years ago in the hurling. I would say online is your best bet these days.

DrCaleb @ Thu May 05, 2016 5:13 am

It's right between the competitive knitting channel and the paint drying channel.

2Cdo @ Thu May 05, 2016 6:06 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
It's right between the competitive knitting channel and the paint drying channel.

You're talking about baseball right? 8)

DrCaleb @ Thu May 05, 2016 6:53 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

You're talking about baseball right? 8)

Or the golf channel. ;)

Fun to play, boring as hell to watch.

raydan @ Thu May 05, 2016 1:59 pm

I stopped watching it when I saw how badly they treated sheep in some of the competitions. 8O

Sunnyways @ Sat May 07, 2016 9:41 am

I am going to YouTube to see if there is any footage of soccer player Shane Long in a hurling match. He must have been a useful hurler in his time.

Sunnyways @ Sat May 07, 2016 10:07 am

Among the biggest challenges in a foreign country must be food and sport. Tastes for these are acquired at a young age and are hard to change. The relative scarcity of Indian restaurants in Canada is a big drawback for me and North American sport is something I will never get used to, despite trying hard to like ice hockey. It remains a marker of difference for many of us immigrants.

raydan @ Sat May 07, 2016 10:59 am

Sunnyways Sunnyways:
The relative scarcity of Indian restaurants in Canada...

8 of them here in a 5 km radius. Must be at least 40 of them in Montreal and double that in Toronto.

But mostly, I make my own.

Sunnyways @ Sat May 07, 2016 11:05 am

raydan raydan:
Sunnyways Sunnyways:
The relative scarcity of Indian restaurants in Canada...

8 of them here in a 5 km radius. Must be at least 40 of them in Montreal and double that in Toronto.

But mostly, I make my own.

Toronto is not typical of Canada in that regard esp. Atlantic Canada. They are relatively scarce compared to Britain and compared to the Chinese restaurants all over the place. There are only three that I know of in the entire province of Newfoundland and Labrador.