Canada Kicks Ass
Dota 2 The international 2018

Previous  1  2

Tricks @ Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:17 pm

raydan raydan:
If you have to wear special footwear to play, then it's a sport,... so golf, curling and bowling are sports, video games are not. PDT_Armataz_01_27

Special equipment?

Like Mice, keyboards, monitors? :twisted:

raydan @ Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:21 pm

I did say footwear, not equipment... learn to read if you want to play video games. :lol:

Tricks @ Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:55 pm

raydan raydan:
I did say footwear, not equipment... learn to read if you want to play video games. :lol:

MMA not a sport? They don't wear footwear. :lol:

raydan @ Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:00 pm

MMA is almost as bad as WWE... I said "almost". :wink:

Tricks @ Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:20 pm

raydan raydan:
MMA is almost as bad as WWE... I said "almost". :wink:

What? How so? Sure the pre-fight nonsense is largely fake most of the time. But the fights are legit. I'd argue ufc fighters are some of the best athletes on the planet.

Tricks @ Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:59 pm

The tournament is now the highest prize pool tournament in history.

http://dota2.prizetrac.kr/international2018

24,794,067 currently with about a week left to go.

DrCaleb @ Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:15 am

Dang! 8O

Tricks @ Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:27 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Dang! 8O

Not bad when over 23 million of that was raised by people who play the game.

desertdude @ Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:33 am

What's a dota 2 ?

Tricks @ Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:45 am

desertdude desertdude:
What's a dota 2 ?

PC game. Two teams of five try to assault each other's base and destroy their "ancient". 115 characters in the game to choose from during the drafting phase, in pro tournaments there are 6 bans as well.

Goes like this:
3 bans for each team (alternating)
2 picks for each team
2 bans for each team
2 picks for each team
1 ban for each team
1 pick for each team

So you need to strategize your team to "counter" the other team while trying to block what counters your own. Same map every game, all non-player based things are in the same spot every game. Characters get stronger by killing "creeps" essentially cannon fodder. Also killing each other. You get gold for kills of creeps and heroes to buy items to make your characters stronger or to counter the other teams heroes.

CharlesAnthony @ Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:48 am

Sounds like fun!
Does the house always win?

Tricks @ Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:40 pm

The tournament ended last night with victors being from the organization OG. After a grueling full 5 games in a best of five they came out on top beating Chinese team LGD winning 11.2 million dollars in prize money. The team members are:
Anathan "ana" Pham
Topias "Topson" Taavitsainen
Sebastien "7ckngMad" Debs
Jesse "Jerax" Vainikka
And their Captain Johan "N0tail" Sundstein

This is the first time in the tournaments brief history that a Chinese team has not won in an even year.

DrCaleb @ Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:57 am

Tricks Tricks:
This is the first time in the tournaments brief history that a Chinese team has not won in an even year.

Not picking on this tournament, but stats like that have to be the most useless ever.

But 11.2 Mil! 8O 8)

Tricks @ Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:06 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Tricks Tricks:

Not picking on this tournament, but stats like that have to be the most useless ever.

But 11.2 Mil! 8O 8)

It's been an running joke each year. Once all the other chinese teams got knocked out, fans and analysts kept joking that that means LGD wins. Another one is that no organization or player has won it twice.

Previous  1  2