Canada Kicks Ass
Hockey Coach Goes Viral: 'Get the F out, Commies'

Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 7  Next

N_Fiddledog @ Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:40 pm

Soccer is not hockey, Beave. Maybe you should try soccer. I know the one who shamed her country on the weekend was a girl but I hear you lefties just call it "gender" now and say it doesn't matter so you should be all right for girl's soccer. And how hard can it be? Megan Rapinoe does it. You could do girl's soccer Beave. I have faith in you. And they'll let you disgrace your country as much as you want.

BeaverFever @ Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:21 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Sounds like politically correct shutuppery and censorship to me.

All of this national anthem hysteria on the right not only tells people what they’re allowed to think but how they must express it and how they must position their body while doing so.

Never played sports. Always picked last were you, Beave. That's OK. We understand.

Hockey's different. That's all you have to know for now.

I played football. :D

And your post is a non-argument Hockey is somehow different which somehow requires right wing thought policing and politically correct censorship?

BeaverFever @ Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:23 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Soccer is not hockey, Beave. Maybe you should try soccer. I know the one who shamed her country on the weekend was a girl but I hear you lefties just call it "gender" now and say it doesn't matter so you should be all right for girl's soccer. And how hard can it be? Megan Rapinoe does it. You could do girl's soccer Beave. I have faith in you. And they'll let you disgrace your country as much as you want.

Calling trump what he is doesn’t “Shame her country”. Trump shames the county.

raydan @ Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:09 am

The hypocrisy...

Speech is only free when you agree with the message.
When you don't, the speech is disrespectful.

You can't pick and choose free speech.

llama66 @ Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:28 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
raydan raydan:
Doesn't change the fact that he's a Commie.

Commies can be motivators to. Just look at Uncle Joe, he was so good at it that he motivated an entire country to do his bidding and he didn't even have to raise his voice. :P

When you have a vast system of camps in areas so far removed from civilization you'd never walk out, and a state security apparatus to put people there, you probably wouldn't have to talk very loud either.

peck420 @ Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:30 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Forgive me for asking, but what 'fall' are you speaking to here? The fall of soccer? World Cup? The USA?

Just wondering, thanks! [B-o]

The fall of the old guard's death grip on the sport. From FIFA, right on down to most provincial/state soccer authorities.

One benefit of the hard look forced by the women's teams monetary demands is exposing a great deal of the layers of corruption infecting the sport, and how deep they penetrate into each individual country's soccer systems.

stratos @ Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:02 am

Problem is in comparison how much revenue does the Women's Soccer team generate vs the Men's. I don't watch either so no idea if one group is playing to sell out crowds while the other is not. (this is basically in regards to the chant of pay them what the men make the arose when the women won)

Then as peck said the world of soccer is just as bad as the world of the Olympics. Corruption rules. A lot of the international sport groups need to be cleaned up it seems.

stratos @ Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:06 am

As for her free speech vs disrespect. She is playing for the USA Team. She is representing the country not her's or anyone else political beliefs. Her spouting things that can be seen as disrespectful towards the country and then the treatment of the Flag of the nation she is supposed to be representing IS considered disrespectful. IMO she should have been kicked off the team. Players should remember they are playing to represent the country and if they feel that strongly against said country they should not be playing as a representative of that country.

peck420 @ Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:13 am

stratos stratos:
Then as peck said the world of soccer is just as bad as the world of the Olympics. Corruption rules.

It's a bit more complex than this, and the system is so broken that the current teams demanding "fair pay", are no better than the governing bodies themselves.

They all know where the money for their increase will come from, and they don't care any more than the authority levels.

Ironic watching all these pics of little girls looking up at Morgan as a hero....the same lady trying to take what little is left in said little girls development fund.

They are all leaches, trained by leaches, and surrounded by leaches.

Just so everyone is aware, a national player is above provincial/state level and are absolutely included in my original post.

llama66 @ Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:16 am

Soccer is probably the most corrupt sport. Look at the 2022 World Cup fiasco.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA ... troversies

And just Soccer scandals in general..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_FIFA_corruption_case
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ishandling

There is so much more, but I feel my point is made.

PluggyRug @ Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:57 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

I played football. :D

You mean girls Rugby. :D

BeaverFever @ Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:58 am

stratos stratos:
As for her free speech vs disrespect. She is playing for the USA Team. She is representing the country not her's or anyone else political beliefs. Her spouting things that can be seen as disrespectful towards the country and then the treatment of the Flag of the nation she is supposed to be representing IS considered disrespectful. IMO she should have been kicked off the team. Players should remember they are playing to represent the country and if they feel that strongly against said country they should not be playing as a representative of that country.

She didn’t do anything to the flag. Her criticism of Trump isn’t “disrespectful to the country” it’s fair comment and free speech.

llama66 @ Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:03 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
stratos stratos:

She didn’t do anything to the flag. Her criticism of Trump isn’t “disrespectful to the country” it’s fair comment and free speech.

You're a sports figure, not a political figure. Stick to playing the game you are over paid for. It's the same with Kap, people turn to sport to distract them from how shit the world is.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:36 am

llama66 llama66:
People turn to sport to distract them from how shit the world is.

^This exactly. Sport is one way to leave the chaos and stupidity of the rest of the world behind. When I watch baseball and football, all that matters to me is the play at hand, the player and his stats, and the action and excitement of the game itself.

The last thing I want to see is political correctness or political grandstanding when I turned to the very same sports to deliver me from those things in the first place.

No politics of any kind belong in sport. People like Kaepernick and Rapinoe don't seem to get this, and can go to hell for all I care.

Sport is sport. Leave it as is!

-J.

peck420 @ Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:50 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
No politics of any kind belong in sport. People like Kaepernick and Rapinoe don't seem to get this, and can go to hell for all I care.

Sport is sport. Leave it as is!

-J.

I sincerely wonder if they are aware that the current politicization of sport dooms women's sports?

Not that sports hasn't been politicized before, just that right now is about the worst time to politicize it, relative to other times.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 7  Next