Canada Kicks Ass
SFU football player becomes first Canadian woman to play

Strutz @ Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:23 pm

$1:
Going into last Saturday's game against Linfield University in Oregon, Simon Fraser University football player Kristie Elliott didn't know she would be making history.

Elliott, who's a kicker with the team, became the first Canadian woman to play in, and score in, a college football game.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.6179046

I remember seeing a segment on the news back in 2019 and I thought it was awesome that she earned a spot on the team.

Way to go Kristie! Inspire other gals to do the same. Look out CFL!

:rock:

rickc @ Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:44 pm

Strutz Strutz:
$1:
Going into last Saturday's game against Linfield University in Oregon, Simon Fraser University football player Kristie Elliott didn't know she would be making history.

Elliott, who's a kicker with the team, became the first Canadian woman to play in, and score in, a college football game.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.6179046

I remember seeing a segment on the news back in 2019 and I thought it was awesome that she earned a spot on the team.

Way to go Kristie! Inspire other gals to do the same. Look out CFL!

:rock:

It could be look out NFL seeing as how her league plays American schools and plays by American rules (I never knew that was a thing). Seeing as how the minimum salary for a kicker in the NFL is $660,000 American a year vs. $65,000 Canadian a year in the CFL, why not go for the big money for doing the same job? The NFL is only in its second week of the season, but I have seen more female refs this year than in previous years. The time is right for a female kicker.

Her school actually has a pretty cool tradition of playing the University of British Columbia {and alternating the rules (American/Canadian) as well as the venues } as UBC is the only other university with a football program in B.C.

I wish her luck in the future!

Thanos @ Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:42 pm

Hopefully she gets the opportunity to kick some bullying loudmouth right in the yambag the same way the absolutely wonderful Kathy Ireland did in Necessary Roughness. 8)

raydan @ Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:45 pm

Wasn't there a Lingerie Football League (LFL) a while ago.

Just Googled it and it's been re-branded as the Legends Football League... but the 2021 season has been cancelled due to Covid. Now I'm sad. :(

herbie @ Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:53 pm

Oh fuck, the NFL shit bricks over taking a knee.... it'll be a cold day in Hell before they ever allow a woman on a team.

rickc @ Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:24 am

herbie herbie:
Oh fuck, the NFL shit bricks over taking a knee.... it'll be a cold day in Hell before they ever allow a woman on a team.

People made a big deal about kneeling. The media made a big deal about kneeling. The NFL never punished anyone in any way whatsoever. Not one suspension. Not one fine. Not one reprimand. Zero, zip, nada. Exactly how is that shitting bricks?