Canada Kicks Ass
Team Canada Rockin' at Ford World Men's Curling Championship

Previous  1  2

Mowich @ Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:29 am

raydan raydan:
Instead of bitching that they didn't win gold, I want to congratulate team Canada on a good tournament and winning silver. Well done boys. [cheer]

Good on you, raydan. Considering it was their first time in an international event and all the pressure that comes with representing our country, the guys did us proud.

Team Sweden and Team Scotland are both dedicated professional curlers. Our guys sent Scotland to the Bronze medal but Nik Edin was on a mission and I am happy to see then win the Gold - it bodes well for the sport of curling. How many countries would continue to send teams to World events if Canada kept taking the Gold. We want to see more participation in the sport and having other countries win is a way to do it.

We have not seen the last of Brad Jacobs, Ryan and EJ Harnden and Ryan Fry. I am really looking forward to the Roar of the Rings and will be pulling hard for the guys from the Soo.

Mowich @ Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:35 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
raydan raydan:
Instead of bitching that they didn't win gold, I want to congratulate team Canada on a good tournament and winning silver. Well done boys. [cheer]

Second is the first to lose.

~ Abby Lee Miller - Dance Moms :wink: ~

I get your point though. I shouldn't bitch. I should get on board when the CBC calls for me to glory in the fact that the runner in the Olympics marathon finished 35th which is such an impressive achievement over the 36th they got last Olympics.

I gather that being number 1 is what participation is all about for you - too bad. Our athletes whether they be curlers or sprinters or hockey players deserve our kudos for the very fact that they take time out of their lives in order to represent our country. Sure medals are nice. Sure winning Gold is great but it is not everything. Our boys from the Soo did well to win Silver against such a strong field of participants and being that is was their very first international competition. Thank you Team Canada. The boys from N Ontario rock!

Mowich @ Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:41 am

Jonny_C Jonny_C:
I wish I could have watched the game, but I couldn't. Congrats to the team on their silver, though. The competition is pretty fierce.

It was a great draw, Jonny. The momentum swung back and forth from end to end with each team making some great shots and some horrible misses. Brad et al did well to stay in the game as I had a feeling that Nik was on a mission as he has been since win the European championship. Not unhappy at all to see another country win Gold - hopefully it will spur other countries to send a team to the World's and that can only be good for the sport.

Jonny_C @ Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 pm

Mowich Mowich:
Not unhappy at all to see another country win Gold - hopefully it will spur other countries to send a team to the World's and that can only be good for the sport.

Good attitude, Mowich! Ya can't win 'em all, but you can sure as hell try, and make a good showing in the process.
R=UP

raydan @ Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:56 pm

It was nice to see a bunch of young teams there... a few 24-25 year old skips.
Also nice to see teams from Japan, China and Russia doing fairly well.
The level of competition was very good too, no real blowouts.

Mowich @ Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:41 am

raydan raydan:
It was nice to see a bunch of young teams there... a few 24-25 year old skips.
Also nice to see teams from Japan, China and Russia doing fairly well.
The level of competition was very good too, no real blowouts.

Agree with you on this raydan. The sport needs 'young blood' and many of the teams at this years Fords were that. They may have struggled in the early going of the tourney but several of them really stepped up in the latter draws of the round robin. The Japanese team especially impressed me........but so did the Chinese, Swiss and Czechs. Great for the sport.

Previous  1  2