Canada Kicks Ass
Toronto Blue Jays - 2017

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Hyack @ Thu May 11, 2017 7:02 pm

The Jays improve their record to 14-21 with a 7-2 win over Seattle today and an impressive 8-7 win over Cleveland yesterday, taking that 3 game series 2-1. [B-o]

Hyack @ Sat May 27, 2017 1:43 pm

Toronto improves their record to 23-26 with their 3-1 defeat of the Texas Rangers, their 5th win in a row. [B-o]

raydan @ Sat May 27, 2017 2:11 pm

I got off the wagon, now I wonder if I don't have to get back on. [huh]

Tricks @ Sat May 27, 2017 6:37 pm

Still gonna be a tough go, but they did very well considering they had in the neighbourhood of 90 million dollars on the DL if I remember right.

Hyack @ Wed May 31, 2017 12:46 pm

The Blue Jays sweep the 3 game series with the Cincinnati Reds with scores of 17-2, 6-4, and 5-4. They are now only 1 game under .500 with a record of 26-27 after a record of 18-10 in May. They now start a 4 game series with the NY Yankees in town starting tomorrow.

Mowich @ Wed May 31, 2017 2:26 pm

Hyack Hyack:
The Blue Jays sweep the 3 game series with the Cincinnati Reds with scores of 17-2, 6-4, and 5-4. They are now only 1 game under .500 with a record of 26-27 after a record of 18-10 in May. They now start a 4 game series with the NY Yankees in town starting tomorrow.

And they took today's game with JD, Tulo, Darwin and Kev on the bench and IMHO, the iffiest pitcher in our line-up on the mound. Bolsinger started off real shaky but managed to get to the 6th without too much damage. Grilli rocked the mound. Joe Smith rocked the mound and Roberto, after a couple of hiccups came through for the win in the 9th. Our bullpen is rockin'. Our big bats are back. Our rotation is getting the hits. We've got Happ and Liriano back in the line-up. I'd say we are sitting pretty for the month of June, Hyack. The Boys of Summer are rockin' the field.

Mowich @ Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:54 am

After falling 17 - 2 in their first game of the 4-game series with the Yankees, the Jays fortunes vastly improved under the stewardship of Fransico Liriano in his first return since being on the DL. That and the stellar bats of JD and Smokie, some timely hits by the line-up and a bit of help from the bullpen, the Jays pulled off a 7 - 5 victory over NY yesterday. Game 3 goes today at 10:00AM PST on Sportsnet 416 through 419.

GO JAYS..........LET'S RISE! :D

Mowich @ Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:34 am

Joe Biagini is dealing......so far. He's allowed one walk in two innings - no runs, no hits.

Mowich @ Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:07 pm

josh-donaldson-bobblehead-toronto-blue-jays-4-24-2016-1-1.jpg
josh-donaldson-bobblehead-toronto-blue-jays-4-24-2016-1-1.jpg [ 102.27 KiB | Viewed 156 times ]

On Josh Donaldson Bobble-Head Day, the Bringer of Rain thrilled his many supporters and every fan in Roger's stadium when he hit a homer in the 8th to give the Jays a 3- 2 lead which thanks to the bullpen was the final score of Game 4 against the Yankees. The win gave the Jays a 2-game split with NY. Not bad at all considering they were playing the best team in the East.

Smokie hit a 2-run homer in the bottom of the sixth that also scored Kendrys Morales.

Marcus Stroman was good through 6 innings giving up 2 runs on 5 hits. Aaron Loup gave up a hit to Hicks but a timely double-play set up by Devon Travis caught Hicks off base and his throw to first got the second out of the inning. Loup finished off the order when he got Headley to fly out to right-field.

Joe Smith grabbed a dribbler back to the mound bare-handed then fired a pistol to Smokie at 1rst for first out. He finished off the order getting Gardner and Sanchez on consecutive strike-outs.

Roberto Osuna used three pitches - all strikes - to send Judge back to the dug-out, got Holliday on four pitches and finished off the order with three straight strikes to Castro.

All in all, a good day for the Jays and their fans.

Hyack @ Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:22 pm

Toronto is once again just 1 game away from bringing their season's average to .500 with a record of 28-29, thanks in part to their just finished 10 game home stand where they managed to win 7 of the 10 games. They start a 6 game road trip Monday when they visit Oakland for a 3 game series, following a day off they then play another 3 game series in Seattle starting Friday.

Hyack @ Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:08 pm

Toronto takes game 3 of the Oakland series 7-5 with a 2 run homer by Donaldson and a single homer by Smoak in the 10 inning. This brings their season record to 29-31, tomorrow is an off day before starting another 3 game series in Seattle.

Mowich @ Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:27 pm

Thank heavens for our bullpen, Hyack - they really shone today - the defense...uh, not so much - can't remember the last time I saw so many unforced errors by the team. Still, they got the win they needed and that's a good thing. Heard that Sanchez could be on the mound when the team gets back to TO. :D

Mowich @ Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:42 am

Joe Biagini started off so well. Through 6 innings he only had 1 run and 2 hits but it all fell apart in the 7th when the Mariners scored 2 to go ahead 3 - 2. Aaron Loup came in for the 8th and he gave up a run to make the score 4 - 2. He was replaced by Leon who got the last out of the inning. The Jays were unable to get a single run in the 9th and the Mariners take the first game 4 - 2. Would have been nice if the Jays had given Joe some run support. Hopefully, the Jays will rally and take Game 2 today.

Let's Go Jays......clap,clap....clap,clap, clap :D

Mowich @ Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:23 pm

Well it was an effort - not a great one but enough for the win tonight. I'm getting a bit concerned about all the unforced errors by our defence - including our pitchers who have drawn one in each game so far. We still haven't got the small ball game down and were it not for having walks issued which grant it is an art in itself, and the homers, we would go wanting for runs. Unlike last night, our starting pitcher - Marcus- and the bullpen came through. Stro gets the win. The final was 4- 2. Smokie almost tied Aaron Judge for homers when he hit another one tonight but Aaron had one of his own. Kendrys Morales hit a 2- run homer too.

JA Happ will be on the mound tomorrow.

The Jays fans that have traveled to Seattle for the series are amazing. It gives me shivers to hear them sing our national anthem.

I've been a daily visitor to the MLB Allstar Voting site. You can vote five times in a 24hr period. My card begins with Smoak and is filled out with Travis, Tulo, Donaldson, Martin, Morales and Pillar.

Strutz @ Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:21 am

Mowich Mowich:

The Jays fans that have traveled to Seattle for the series are amazing. It gives me shivers to hear them sing our national anthem.

One of my co-workers went down with friends for the game. I'm sure they had a blast!

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next