Canada Kicks Ass
Toronto Blue Jays - 2017

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Mowich @ Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:28 pm

Jays up their lead by 1 with 1 away and runners at 2nd and 3rd in the 7th.

Mowich @ Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Well that was pretty a 3-run homer for Tulo with 2 away and the Jays go ahead 7 - 1.
Zeke goes down swinging for the final out of the inning.

Go Jay's bullpen....let's get this one done and dusted.

Mowich @ Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:40 pm

Danny Barnes in for the top of the 8th.....strikes out first batter, gets the 2nd batter to fly out to Joey, and does the same for the last batter who pops up to Tulo.

Mowich @ Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:54 pm

Jays strand Joey on base bottom of the 8th and we are off to the 9th with Joe Biagini on the mound. Batter takes first pitch and sends it right to the glove of Tulo for the throw to first and the out. 2nd batter pops up to Joey - 2 away. Gonazales hits a homer to the right field bleachers. 7 - 2 Jays. Joe then gets the last batter to pop up to Joey and the Jays win 7 - 2. Very nice comeback for the Jays today.

Mowich @ Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:37 pm

Could somebody please explain to me why Canada is unable to send a decent anthem singer to the All-Star game? Really. This is two years in a row where social media was abuzz not with news of the game but what came before the game.

I was put aback by the rogue tenor last year but yesterday's execrable performance complete with weird gyrations and strange warblings had my teeth on edge way before the singer giggled in the midst of our National Anthem. The singer took the time to take to Twitter in answer to the back-lash. Did she apologize? Not hardly. Time to cut out the anthem and leave it to the Americans alone. I'm done with people hired to do a job who are either unable to perform properly or have their own agenda. Enough.

rickc @ Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:55 pm

Mowich Mowich:
Could somebody please explain to me why Canada is unable to send a decent anthem singer to the All-Star game? Really. This is two years in a row where social media was abuzz not with news of the game but what came before the game.

I was put aback by the rogue tenor last year but yesterday's execrable performance complete with weird gyrations and strange warblings had my teeth on edge way before the singer giggled in the midst of our National Anthem. The singer took the time to take to Twitter in answer to the back-lash. Did she apologize? Not hardly. Time to cut out the anthem and leave it to the Americans alone. I'm done with people hired to do a job who are either unable to perform properly or have their own agenda. Enough.

I hear you!! I hate when people mess with an anthem. Just play it the way it always has been played. We don't need or want the extended, updated, comical, artists interpretation, etc., etc. version. Just play it straight.

On a side note I thought the game was great!!! To see that much talent gathered in one place is pretty awesome. I thought the Latin recognition ceremony was pretty good too. I know it went over well in Miami. I loved the home run derby as well!! I just wish that Aaron Judge could have went first so we could see how many balls he could knock out of the park when he is setting the pace, and not just trying to beat the record by one. That kid is a monster!!! Good head on his shoulders for such a young talented athlete. It just sucks that he plays for the Yankees, and not my team.

Hyack @ Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:56 pm

Mowich Mowich:

I agree 100%, this years "singer" was one of the worst in memory, in all sports......Why the Hell can't they just sing it as it was written and not put their own personal touch to it?

Hyack @ Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:56 pm

Canadian anthem singer giggles but Justin Smoak isn't laughing

$1:
Every singer has their own style, but when it comes to belting a national anthem at a sporting event, it's best to stick to the script.

Canadian singer-songwriter Jocelyn Alice kicked off the Canadian anthem at the MLB All-Star Game with her own unique tone. But when she giggled after "God keep our land," it seemed to strike a chord with Blue Jays infielder Justin Smoak.

Full story

R=UP R=UP

Hyack @ Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:46 am

And her defense is.....

Canadian anthem singer responds to MLB all-star game 'gigglegate'

$1:
Alice responded on Twitter on Wednesday, claiming that she was just "overcome with excitement.

Full story

Hyack @ Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:45 pm

Damn game was rain delayed for an hour, it's now tied 4-4 and the 15th inning is just about to start....Go Blue Jays.....

Hyack @ Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:45 pm

5-4 Boston in 15..... :cry:

Hyack @ Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:08 pm

Down 2-0 to Oakland in the bottom of the 9th, Donaldson takes a walk, next up Smoak hits a homer, tie game, 2-2.....on the very next pitch Morales homers to take the game 3-2......Image

Mowich @ Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:09 pm

After the game, Jamie asked Greg where the Jays would be without Smokie - "In a world of hurt" said Greg. Once again Smoke came through with a 2-run homer in the bottom of the 9th to tie the game at 2 apiece. Kendrys Morales followed that with a homer of this own and the Jays sweep the series with the A's. The down note was that once again Marco failed to overcome his difficulties on the mound and was pulled after giving up the 2-run homer.

Hyack @ Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:13 pm

Mowich Mowich:
the Jays sweep the series with the A's.

I'm sorry darlin' but these two teams play again tomorrow at 9:30am PT....

Mowich @ Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:52 pm

Hyack Hyack:
Mowich Mowich:
the Jays sweep the series with the A's.

I'm sorry darlin' but these two teams play again tomorrow at 9:30am PT....

Prescience, Hyack............ :lol:

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next