Canada Kicks Ass
Toronto Blue Jays - 2017

1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Hyack @ Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:29 pm

11 April.....Toronto Blue Jays 2017

Home opener vs Milwaukee Brewers....

shockedcanadian @ Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:47 pm

Well, their motto this year is "Let's Rise". Considering they are off to a 1-5 start and are at the bottom, this is a valid team statement.

Tulo just hit a double, Jays on the board, it's 2-1. Let's win one even without Donaldson in the lineup!

Hyack @ Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:07 pm

A 2-1 final score in Toronto is another one run loss to Baltimore that has the Jays starting their 2017 season with a dismal record of 1-8...... :cry:

Hyack @ Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:30 pm

And Baltimore takes it 6-4, games 3 & 4 of this series start at 10:07am PT Saturday and Sunday in Toronto.

Hyack @ Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:58 pm

The Blue Jays lose 8-7 in the first of a three game series with Boston. This brings their record to 2-11 to start the season.....

Hyack @ Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:54 pm

Toronto defeats Boston 3-0 bringing their record to 3-11.....

Tricks @ Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:48 am

I think the past two games were the first glimmer of old jays we've seen this season. Hitting reasonably well. Defense and pitching blew up in the 8-7 game. It also seems like the normally "bad" hitters (pillar, smoak, barney) are carrying the offense right now. If our normal bats can get their shit together while those guys are hot, we might be in good shape.

Lemmy @ Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:57 am

f

Tricks @ Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:55 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
A glimmer of hope? They only won last night because the Sox committed errors on consecutive plays, leading to unearned runs. How often can they count on that?

There's no way to make up for a 3-11 start. 14 games in and their season is over. OVER. Better to admit that, start listening to offers for Donaldson, Bautista, Martin, Pillar and Tulowitzki and implode this thing immediately. Because the Sox, Yanks and Orioles were enough better than this team that the Jays had little chance even before they got off to their worst start in franchise history.

To be fair, the same thing was said about them during the all star break a couple years ago, no chance, and had to play basically .700 (if I remember right) baseball for the second half. They did .702 (again if I remember right). There are lots of games, so there is always a chance, it's just tiny.

Hell, look no further than the leafs. They went 1-7-2 and are now in the playoffs. Not a true comparison because of the difficulty of the division, but there are huge losing streaks with any team any year. The cubs went 5-20 right before the all star break last year.

Don't get me wrong, they probably won't do it, but if their pitchers stay healthy, we have the pitching to do it. If our bats can actually work, we can have the bats too.

Too small of a sample size to call the season yet. It's an infinitesimal chance, but it's a chance.

Also, tulo, bautista, Martin aren't going to be worth as much as you think. They're too old.

Tricks @ Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:55 pm

I take it back, they're fucked.

Hyack @ Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:25 am

Kevin Pillar keeps his streak alive with a single base hit in the 13th inning, while José Bautista hits his first home run of the season to give the Jays an 8-5 lead in the top of the 13th inning against the LA Angels in LA.

Hyack @ Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:55 am

The Jays win it 8-7 in 13 innings to start this 7 game road trip.

Lemmy @ Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:36 am

i

ShepherdsDog @ Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Bah.....California didn't need that grand slam

Hyack @ Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:17 pm

Toronto wins it 6-5 in 11 innings with Marcus Stroman hitting a double coming in as a pitch hitter and St Louis committing 4 errors in the game. Chris Coghlan scored on a triple by Kevin Pillar by diving over St Louis catcher Yadier Molina. The best thing about today's game was the officiating which was notably absent the last couple games against the LA Angels.

1  2  3  4  5  6  Next