Canada Kicks Ass
My Homage to the Territories....

Previous  1  2  3  Next

harzer_knaller @ Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:03 am

Do you mean the Poland in the shape of today or do you mean the parts that now belong to Poland?

Streaker @ Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:00 am

Near Lublin in the southeast of Poland.

harzer_knaller @ Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:07 am

hm... southeast... Lublin. Never belonged to Germany (but in WW2 called "Reichsgouvernement Polen" or something like that, cause they occupied it...)

When they were Germans they spoke a weird German *rofl*
like the grandparents of my grandmother...

NewfieBullet @ Wed May 24, 2006 4:30 pm

Im getting cold just reading this post. I spent 2 years Working in Yellowknife. Awsome counrty but girls and boys its cold. Cold ass frekin cold. Snowmobiling at night and watching the northern lights is the best.

ziggy @ Wed May 24, 2006 8:42 pm

NewfieBullet NewfieBullet:
Im getting cold just reading this post. I spent 2 years Working in Yellowknife. Awsome counrty but girls and boys its cold. Cold ass frekin cold. Snowmobiling at night and watching the northern lights is the best.

For "RTL"?

Lot's of Newfies there,nothing but Newfies there. :wink:
The black flies did me in.Where the fu*k do they come fom so fast?

You dont even have to eat,just open your mouth and you got a mouthfull of proteins.

And the moneys the shit;s,they must think folks enjoy working up there. 8O

bossdog @ Fri May 26, 2006 7:45 am

ROTFL

I think they were always the worst on the ferries. The poor guys that have to work those boats...

I used to have to take two of them to get from Hay River to Yellowknife.

bossdog @ Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:16 pm

YES! That is the ferry I used to wade across...

You know what, fuck it...this was a feable attempt at a necro post but my god, who visits the NWT, little alone a thread about it!

ponygurl @ Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:09 pm

I am currently in nursing school. Have considered moving north to nurse when the kids don't need me in Ontario anymore. Am also interested in psychiatric nursing.
We'll see.

How much does a head of lettuce cost in the Yukon?

ziggy @ Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:27 pm

ponygurl ponygurl:
I am currently in nursing school. Have considered moving north to nurse when the kids don't need me in Ontario anymore. Am also interested in psychiatric nursing.
We'll see.

$5.00 in Nunavut in the remoter spots,$9.00 for a box of cheerio's. 8O

Clogeroo @ Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:35 pm

$1:
$5.00 in Nunavut in the remoter spots,$9.00 for a box of cheerio's

I don't know why you would try and buy the same things like in southern Canada just eat the caribou or something :P Don't you get some kind of northern allowance to live there too?

ponygurl @ Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:43 pm

ziggy ziggy:
ponygurl ponygurl:
We'll see.

$5.00 in Nunavut in the remoter spots,$9.00 for a box of cheerio's. 8O

Holy crap.

ziggy @ Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:46 pm

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
$1:
$5.00 in Nunavut in the remoter spots,$9.00 for a box of cheerio's

I don't know why you would try and buy the same things like in southern Canada just eat the caribou or something :P Don't you get some kind of northern allowance to live there too?

They do,thats why the bad complexions and teeth. Lots cant afford to hit the northern for produce,their prorities are quad,sled,gas for machines,rifle and bullets. But that's in the more remote parts,seen enough cariboo carcass's last week in downtown baker for my lifetime. 8O

Clogeroo @ Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:15 pm

Mmm caribou. Well I guess with climate change maybe people there will be able to grow more food then all the people will flock there and it will look like southern Ontario before you know it :P What exactly are you doing up there driving a lorry or something?

ziggy @ Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:32 pm

ponygurl ponygurl:
We'll see.

There's a real shortage of doctors and medical staff in Nunavut and I remember seeing ads for Yellowknife also.Not like you would have a problem getting some kind of work up north. Depends on if you could live in a place like Repulse bay or Baker lake or towns farther north that dont see sunlight for a good part of the year or much else. :o

One bit of advice though,if you go....buy a bug hat. 8O Never mind the muskoil and other bug sprays,get the hat and full suit with the netting. Bug sprays keep them from biting you,the suit keeps them off your body.That's what will drive you nuts,bastards fly in every available orifice you have starting with your eyes.

If your young and looking for an adventure to go along with a job,cant think of a better place to start then points north. Cant believe how many people still live off the land in Canada,it was a real eye opener for me,wish I went when I was younger though,when I was in the snowmobile phaze of my life. :wink:

ziggy @ Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:42 pm

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
Mmm caribou. Well I guess with climate change maybe people there will be able to grow more food then all the people will flock there and it will look like southern Ontario before you know it :P What exactly are you doing up there driving a lorry or something?

They might be able to grow something in like a million years. :o
Once the 27 feet of permafrost melt. :roll:

Previous  1  2  3  Next