Canada Kicks Ass
Fly Fishing and Fly Tying

Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9

SAButter @ Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:38 am

That's Ok I deserved it
Our Government treats us like mushrooms down here in the US "keep us in
the dark and feed us bullshit".

Yogi @ Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:42 am

One of my Buddies just phoned me. He just purchased 2 adjoining lots, one is serviced, in Snowden for $7,000.00.

SAButter @ Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:54 am

That sounds like a good price
Do you guys have zoning laws?
Zoning is laws that dictate building standards how and were you can build.

Down here most cant afford waterfront property the less desirable outback stream property will start at 10k an acre up to 100k all depending on the area. Lakefront property 25K acre minimum up to 200k an acre or more. I most cases if you wanted to build on the land your looking at another 20k minimum in permits, inspectors, sewage licensees, survey, building tax, fire suppression before you even start digging.

Guy_Fawkes @ Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:15 am

SAButter SAButter:
That sounds like a good price
Do you guys have zoning laws?
Zoning is laws that dictate building standards how and were you can build.

Down here most cant afford waterfront property the less desirable outback stream property will start at 10k an acre up to 100k all depending on the area. Lakefront property 25K acre minimum up to 200k an acre or more. I most cases if you wanted to build on the land your looking at another 20k minimum in permits, inspectors, sewage licensees, survey, building tax, fire suppression before you even start digging.

Yes we have zoning laws. :?

Im going to guess your are one of those Americans aren't you.

QBC @ Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:26 pm

Rosie and I headed for our Peace country trout lake today.

The fishing was awesome, even if the wind made for difficult casting conditions. Fishing a floating line with a micro leech under a strike indicator seemed to be the system of choice. Most of our fish came in the top 8-10 feet of water and both the rainbows and brookies were taking emerging bugs.

This was Rosies first time fishing in a pontoon boat and needless to say, the maiden voyage of the new boat I bought her last weekend in Edmonton. She did awesome!!

Here is Rosie in her new boat fighting a fine sized Rainbow.....

QBC @ Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:06 pm

Popper flies for Pike that I've been tying. (and glueing and sanding and painting)

I can't wait to get a few more top water Pike on the fly rod this spring.

Zipperfish @ Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:13 pm

Nicely done!

Yogi @ Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:47 am

QBC QBC:
Popper flies for Pike that I've been tying. (and glueing and sanding and painting)

I can't wait to get a few more top water Pike on the fly rod this spring.

Nice work Q! Don't waste any time trying these out at Tobin Lake. I'm thinking maybe Candle Lake instead. [B-o]

QBC @ Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:09 pm

I bet Tobin in the spring buddy... :wink: . We used poppers, fly and spinning style, a lot last year and had great luck in the mornings and evenings just off and into the weed lines. Rosie is "hooked" on top water for Pike now, it's so much fun.

We're going to have to make a plan for a trip out there this summer Yogi. A good week of fishin!!!

Yogi @ Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:14 pm

[quote="QBC"]I bet Tobin in the spring buddy... :wink: . We used poppers, fly and spinning style, a lot last year and had great luck in the mornings and evenings just off and into the weed lines. Rosie is "hooked" on top water for Pike now, it's so much fun.

We're going to have to make a plan for a trip out there this summer Yogi. A good week of fishin!!![/quote]

Got me this fine catch!!!
:lol: Sask trip-Snowden 005.jpg
Sask trip-Snowden 005.jpg [ 243.55 KiB | Viewed 203 times ]

My brother calls this my "Thousand dollar clam"! :(

QBC @ Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:32 pm

:lol: ....well, at least it was a living thing and not a rock.

Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9