Canada Kicks Ass
Gear Fishin!

Previous  1 ... 14  15  16  17  18  Next

wildrosegirl @ Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:11 pm

I don't know if you guys have heard or or tried the iFish app. I downloaded it last year, but didn't really use it too much (being quite familiar with the local lakes and all), but I've been poking around in there lately and it's pretty cool! Not only can you search for lakes and rivers by name or proximity, you can add markers to the lake you're on (mark docks, fishing holes, etc.), keep track of your catches for the year (by species), download iFish magazine, Alberta campground guide, and current fish stocking reports, learn to tie different knots (for the beginners out there, or for some of the oddball knots you may not remember), different cleaning methods for different species, species guides..... the list just goes on!! :lol:

They've also added a forum so peeps can swap information with other fisher-folks. :D Pretty neat stuff. Well worth the $5.00 I paid for it. :rock:

Yogi @ Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:42 am

Caption this photo! :lol:

boat 1.jpg
boat 1.jpg [ 201.62 KiB | Viewed 209 times ]

Regina @ Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:44 am

This is how we roll in the hood!

Tyler_1 @ Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:55 am

Maybe this rope will fix it... :D

Yogi @ Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:08 am

DonnaWho DonnaWho:

The rope actually was part of the fix. Happened to be that there was a rather big fellow close by. I tied the rope around the bogey & he lifted the boat enough that I was able to pull the bogey back into place.

I was thinking "I shoulda fuckin stayed home"!!! The day started out wrong when The recoil on my kicker broke before I even hooked the boat to the truck. Then, I forgot to put the plug in the boat before I put the boat in the water. In front of a bunch of Peeps, of course! :oops: No matter. 15 mins of bailing then we were ready to set out. Went to connect the fuel lines and realized that I had forgotten to change the fuel lines from my 60 hp Merc to the line for the 40 hp Evinrude that I put back onto the boat. Only 15 minute drive into Camrose to get an Evinrude connector.Fuckin Cop clocked me doin 100 in an 80 zone. $124.00 ticket! :evil: After almost 2 hrs finally got the motor fired up.
Caught 1 small fishy for Hughie (RIP Bro). Trying to get said fishy off the hook and he gave a quick flip, right off the Rapala and back into the water. Somehow in the process I ended up with all 3 trebble hooks stuck deep into my fingers & thumb!
And how was 'your' Fathers Day???

Regina @ Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:47 pm

Duct tape can fix this..........

Regina @ Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:47 pm

Kind of a shity outcome for the day Yogi but at least you got the bugs ironed out for the summmer.

Yogi @ Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:33 pm

Regina Regina:
Kind of a shity outcome for the day Yogi but at least you got the bugs ironed out for the summmer.

Yup! Going to put chains on the bogies so that they can't tilt quite as far. Replaced my kicker with a 7.5-4 stroke Honda. Should have everything ready to go for next week-end.

P1050244.jpg
P1050244.jpg [ 52.77 KiB | Viewed 1123 times ]

Robair @ Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:34 am

Yogi Yogi:
The day started out wrong when The recoil on my kicker broke before I even hooked the boat to the truck. Then, I forgot to put the plug in the boat before I put the boat in the water. In front of a bunch of Peeps, of course! :oops: No matter. 15 mins of bailing then we were ready to set out. Went to connect the fuel lines and realized that I had forgotten to change the fuel lines from my 60 hp Merc to the line for the 40 hp Evinrude that I put back onto the boat. Only 15 minute drive into Camrose to get an Evinrude connector.Fuckin Cop clocked me doin 100 in an 80 zone. $124.00 ticket! :evil: After almost 2 hrs finally got the motor fired up.
Caught 1 small fishy for Hughie (RIP Bro). Trying to get said fishy off the hook and he gave a quick flip, right off the Rapala and back into the water. Somehow in the process I ended up with all 3 trebble hooks stuck deep into my fingers & thumb!
:lol:

Whenever I start feeling down about the fact that the yearly fishing trip isn't happening this year, I'm gonna come back and read this post. :D

Tyler_1 @ Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:33 am

Yogi Yogi:
DonnaWho DonnaWho:

The rope actually was part of the fix. Happened to be that there was a rather big fellow close by. I tied the rope around the bogey & he lifted the boat enough that I was able to pull the bogey back into place.

I was thinking "I shoulda fuckin stayed home"!!! The day started out wrong when The recoil on my kicker broke before I even hooked the boat to the truck. Then, I forgot to put the plug in the boat before I put the boat in the water. In front of a bunch of Peeps, of course! :oops: No matter. 15 mins of bailing then we were ready to set out. Went to connect the fuel lines and realized that I had forgotten to change the fuel lines from my 60 hp Merc to the line for the 40 hp Evinrude that I put back onto the boat. Only 15 minute drive into Camrose to get an Evinrude connector.Fuckin Cop clocked me doin 100 in an 80 zone. $124.00 ticket! :evil: After almost 2 hrs finally got the motor fired up.

Oh my. :lol: One of my brothers brought my Dad for a surprise visit that morning and then that afternoon my Mom and one of my sisters brought my Dad for a visit and we got to eat some yummy chocolate coconut squares. [B-o]

Strutz @ Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:57 am

I FINALLY went out fishing yesterday for first time since I've been up here. Caught a nice 8lb Chinook salmon. Hooked two others that got away before I could get them close enough.

Looking forward to getting out again to hopefully do even better!

ShepherdsDog @ Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:15 pm

Trophy walleye. 8O 12 lbs. So envious.

Tyler_1 @ Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:57 am

Nice! Hope you got to eat that! :D

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:35 am

Nope....friend of a a friend caught it. Besides, something that big you don't eat. Take a picture and then release.

Tyler_1 @ Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:10 am

Oh. :?
I feel your pain, I had to hear a lot about fish during the winter but never got to eat any. :D

Previous  1 ... 14  15  16  17  18  Next