Canada Kicks Ass
Canadaka's Trans Canada Road Trip!

Previous  1  2

Jaime_Souviens @ Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:00 pm

twister twister:
Trev.. why don't you do it in pure "old school" travel style. take a month get a Can Rail pass ( thats what I did when I was 19) Or fly out to Halifax and Train back.. a rail pass will allow you to get off the train and stay for a couple of days in places,, then hop the next coach coming through. It absolutely rocks cause the people you meet could be canadians or tourists experiencing train travel in Canada. most fun ever.

I did that once.

Had to stare down a moose over my lunch at Jasper.

Ended up drinking beer with Germans all the time...

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:20 pm

Motorcycles are the way to see the country. When I finished Fleet School, me and a couple of stokers took 15 days off, flew from Halifax to Thunderbay picked up a couple of bikes to deliver (1985 Goldwings) and rode the rest of the way to Naden, rather than fly service air.

Arctic_Menace @ Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:32 pm

Who knows, maybe I'll see ya around. I'm plannign to take half a year off to see Canada. In fact, very soon I'm taking a road trip to Halifax to surprise my cousin at King's College.

ziggy @ Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:41 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
$1:
I'm posting this from a laptop out in the middle of no-where with an aircard in my motorhome far from any internet access,how cool is that?

$40.00/month unlimited!

I feel I'm connected with the rest of the world again.

You'll never have to worry about a Ruby Ridge scenario will you :wink:

I dont know,the only scenario I see is that in the middle of nowhere I can get internet access.
After 2 years of living away from home with no communication with the world except the odd random 800 klik drive home to use the PC I am now styling! :lol:

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:47 pm

it one sense that is sad, because you can really never really get away from it all anymore. I have the same 'problem' so to speak. My laptop accompanies me everywhere, while working, and I'm always connected whether in the office or on site. I even took it fishing last week. :?

Previous  1  2