Canada Kicks Ass
N. America/Canada coaster trip [July 6th] adding Vancouver!

Previous  1  2  3  4

TattoodGirl @ Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:44 pm

coaster_dot coaster_dot:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
@Coaster
Why do you want to go to Winnipeg?

:lol: ...for this park

http://rcdb.com/pd260.htm

Now...I know what you guys are thinking.

But, see coaster enthusiasts have a thing called "credits". It is a way to measure how many different roller coasters you have been on. It is kind of a competition to see how many "credits" you have and how many rare credits you have. Every park on this trip is a rare credit (in terms of American Coaster Enthusiasts).

And our group of coaster enthusiasts is probaly the coolest ones out there. Honestly, all the other enthusiasts are really creepy and very nerdy...most of them still live with there parents at the age of 50.

And there are many other sub-groups/websites out there.

Dude nothing wrong with Credits...I hit every coaster in every town no matter how big or small....its a subculture. Its all good...I have a philosophy.... Do or Do not...there is no try (Yoda) :lol:

coaster_dot @ Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:46 pm

How many coaster have you been on?

I hope to be at 500 by the end of the summer. And your probaly the first person on a non-coaster forum to understand the whole credit thing.

TattoodGirl @ Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:25 pm

coaster_dot coaster_dot:
How many coaster have you been on?

I hope to be at 500 by the end of the summer. And your probaly the first person on a non-coaster forum to understand the whole credit thing.

I have lived in Europe when I was a kid and hit everyone there, have hit every coaster in Canada...but I have hit coasters across the US...it was a thing that I was into. I lived in Miami so I hit all of Fla and georgia, alabama, missippi, and any other southern states. it is endless....

coaster_dot @ Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:33 pm

That is great!

You should get a account here and get an official count.
http://coaster-count.com/world.xhtml It has every coaster on the planet on there.

Curous, have you ever been to Six Flags Great America near Chicago? It about an hour and a half away from my house but its my "playground". And eventually I made friends who live in the area, friends that I do all these trips with.

I hope that next year though, I will be able to get over to Europe. What were your favorite parks over there?

TattoodGirl @ Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:50 pm

coaster_dot coaster_dot:
That is great!

You should get a account here and get an official count.
http://coaster-count.com/world.xhtml It has every coaster on the planet on there.

Curous, have you ever been to Six Flags Great America near Chicago? It about an hour and a half away from my house but its my "playground". And eventually I made friends who live in the area, friends that I do all these trips with.

I hope that next year though, I will be able to get over to Europe. What were your favorite parks over there?

I lived in Europe when I was a kid and we hit every park...cuz I am a freak. but I plan to go back over...my partner is totally in to it...he is an andrenline junky and wants to come with me/....ahhh hell mma fighters for ya eh?

I am registered with an account but I think I may be too old to log my coaster rides.

coaster_dot @ Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:57 pm

^There is no age limit ;) . And if there is a coaster that is no longer in operation it can be added. I would just try to remember the best you can. And you can always use www.rcdb.com

Oh yeah, and I found some YMCAs that are along the route and I should be able to get into to them with my Employee card, since I work at one. I just hope that they we grant it. If not, I don't think its more then $5.

TattoodGirl @ Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:14 pm

ok i will continue this at a later date...my Love of my life...and yes I mean that...is saying I should go to bed...he is so right....5am sucks donkey asses

coaster_dot @ Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:18 pm

^Ugh, feel sorry for ya. Although its better then going to bed at 1:18am and then getting up at 4:00am :lol:

bootlegga @ Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:50 pm

coaster_dot coaster_dot:
Oh yeah, and $700 is the entire budget of the trip :lol:

$700 each will cut it close, especially as most half decent hotels up here cost about $100 (give or take) a night. Like many of the others, I'd suggest camping if at all possible. Calgary has a KOA a few minutes from Calaway park, and Edmonton has a campground off the Whitemud (10-15 minutes from WEM).

A way to save soem money would be to get a AAA membership before you go. They'll give you roadside assistance, book hotels for you, and many places (at least in Alberta) offer discounts is you show your CAA card.

http://www.ama.ab.ca/cps/rde/xchg/ama/w ... ?link=nav3

coaster_dot @ Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:57 am

I should have asked this earlier but does anyone know any places that offer discounted admission to any of the parks in Canada?

The only one I could find is "safeway" has discounted passes for Playland.

treck @ Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:49 pm

ImageImage

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:50 pm

we no wan' buy yo sistuh

Previous  1  2  3  4