Canada Kicks Ass
Travel agents or online websites

mingshiyaaun @ Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:57 pm

Who do you trust the most when purchasing your travel needs such as hotels, air tickets, insurance ? traditional travel agents or online travel companies.

Tyler_1 @ Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:13 pm

I am in jail so I don't really know who to trust. :?

But hey good luck finding someone! :D

Hyack @ Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:36 pm

Wait for it, she's been posting nothing but necros so far, it's looking as this could be her first......and last.....attempt to spam the site.... :D

andyt @ Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:46 pm

I like to go around the world at Madam Brunhilda's travel agency and massage parlor. Funny, she always insists on doing oral first, and always makes me wear a raincoat, RCMP issue.

Gunnair @ Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:54 pm

Hyack Hyack:
Wait for it, she's been posting nothing but necros so far, it's looking as this could be her first......and last.....attempt to spam the site.... :D

Easy there, Hoss, that was only a fart. No bed shittin' spam yet!

Kudos though.... if this one is a spammer there is staying power to have gone this long without unloading on the site.

Might be on step 8 of a 12 step no spam program so give credit where credit us due.

Disclaimer for Bodah... in no way did I wish to suggest the poster or Hyack have flatulation or fecal on mattress issues nor do I wish to give offense to anyone who may suffer from flatulation or fecal on mattress issues... FreakinOldGuy...

denmns @ Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:17 pm

If you can, go with a travel agent. Go online, get the vacation you want and the price you want, and most travel agentcies will match it. TRY IT!!

martin14 @ Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:20 pm

Hyack Hyack:

maybe she just bored.

Personally, I like to take inspiration from books like

"European places Canadians have been before, and
shot the hell out of the place."

Then, for, travel, I say fuck 'em all, and drive.. or ride. :rock: :rock:

Benn @ Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:20 pm

FOr the most part Travel agents use the internet to look up crap. I don't know why more travel agencies have not gone the way to the telegram in the digital age. I'm assuming too many older folks don't trust booking on the net.

bootlegga @ Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:21 pm

Benn Benn:
FOr the most part Travel agents use the internet to look up crap. I don't know why more travel agencies have not gone the way to the telegram in the digital age. I'm assuming too many older folks don't trust booking on the net.

In fairness, the web has come a long way in only a few years.

It wasn't too long ago that websites like Expedia or Travelocity would only spit out one set of flights or hotels based on your search parameters. Nowadays, they spit out flights for the day you searched, as well as a couple forward and backwards, but before they couldn't, travel agents were the best way to find this info.

Travel agents also offer insight websites don't.

You might see a great rate on Alibaba Airlines or at the Hotel International in South Central LA, but if you don't do your research, you could wind up booking something you didn't want. The best thing is to ask the agent if they've ever been to the place you're travelling to. They can steer you clear of dives and dumps and make sure you get a decent place. Conversely, you have to be careful that they don't steer you into a five star hotel for $400/night either.

Finally, most travel agents these days typically only do package deals (cruises, all-inclusives, etc) because that's about the only place to earn decent commission now. It can be pretty hard to find a travel agent to book you a flight and hotel for a trip to Moncton.

About the only place I know that still does that are the local chapters of AAA/CAA (AMA here in Alberta), and even they try and steer you into pre-paid packages they get commission off of.

I'm booking my summer vacation as we speak and I've used both - I called AMA to rent my vehicle (because their rental program is way better than I can get online), but booked my flight and hotel on my own (through the supplier's website in both cases, not Expedia or Travelocity).

BeaverFever @ Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:26 pm

Do both. Go online, then go to a travel agent. They will usually match or beat the online option if tell them what you've found, especially on international flights.