Canada Kicks Ass
What are the most beautiful places in Canada???

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

SprCForr @ Wed May 26, 2010 1:06 pm

I can't describe the location of the place. It's on Highway 16 and is easier to see when heading east. There's a spot where you come out of the mountains proper and hit the rolling hills. As you get to the first couple hills, one of them is situated just right (with respect to the highway alignment) to let you see the view without trees blocking the LOS in either direction. Seeing far off rain, ripening wheat and canola, green forest and farm checkerboard against a darkening sky while in bright sunlight was absolutely stunning.

Brenda @ Wed May 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Isn't that just outside of Canmore?

GreenTiger @ Wed May 26, 2010 1:18 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
In all seriousness, aside from Toronto, you'll enjoy Ottawa. I just spend a few days there a couple weeks back, and enjoyed in thoroughly. Lots of history, great museums, and Parliament rocks.

-J.

I agree. I been to Ottawa a number of times and I've enjoyed it more every time. The more you know it the more you enjoy it.

SprCForr @ Wed May 26, 2010 1:42 pm

Brenda Brenda:

Not on the Trans Canada (HWY 1), it's on the Yellowhead (HWY 16). IIRC, just east of Hinton.

DrCaleb @ Wed May 26, 2010 1:45 pm

SprCForr SprCForr:
Brenda Brenda:

Not on the Trans Canada (HWY 1), it's on the Yellowhead (HWY 16). IIRC, just east of Hinton.

The Obed summit. Highest point on highway 16.

SprCForr @ Wed May 26, 2010 1:45 pm

I think you're exactly right Dr.

DrCaleb @ Wed May 26, 2010 1:52 pm

I know it well. ;)

DrCaleb @ Wed May 26, 2010 1:55 pm

djakeydd @ Wed May 26, 2010 10:43 pm

BC in general, won't give specific locales or all the jackasses from the rest of the joint - you know, hogtown, clagary - would know and plop their smelly butts there and screw them up..

PublicAnimalNo9 @ Wed May 26, 2010 10:56 pm

Kakabeka Falls and Ouimet Canyon in the Land of the Sleeping Giant.

Canadaka @ Wed May 26, 2010 11:28 pm

My vote for a most beautiful place is Whistler-Blackcomb mountains. The view on a snow day with clear skys from the top of seventh heaven or peak chair is amazing... can't be beat.

angler57 @ Thu May 27, 2010 3:54 am

Hope this has not been mentioned before. The Great Lakes. Either from the land or afloat each lake has its own beautiful experience. From a kayak bobbing on the waves you may get close up and personal with the beauty.

The very very very best!

Sitting by a birch wood campfire late into the evening sipping a black cup of Tim Horten coffee. Good fellowship with fellow campers and watching the northern lights.
Beauty and contentment instantly.

angler57 @ Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:20 am

Start at either coast and take you time getting to the other.
If you want big city or being the only person on the beach or in the bush, it's all there.
Skies so dark the stars look like you could pick them fron the skies.
Northern lights dance like jewels across the skies.
Jazz clubs or country music or rodeos. Cities have all that and more.
Get up close and personal if you wish.
Befriend as many folks as possible.
By canoe or kayak spend time on the great lakes. Georgian Bay is a good place to start.
I say this as a visitor to Canada. Great people and beautiful country.

GreenTiger @ Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:18 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
In all seriousness, aside from Toronto, you'll enjoy Ottawa. I just spend a few days there a couple weeks back, and enjoyed in thoroughly. Lots of history, great museums, and Parliament rocks.

-J.

I was going to say exactly that. I've been to Ottawa a few times and I had a real goog time especially if you go out of season. If you go out of season you loses the label "tourist" and the folks up there become very friendly and helpful and a big part of the reason I love Canada.

Toronto is an excellent place as well.

There is such a great range of beautiful places in Canada, Your favorite place can be found by what ever turns you on.

treck @ Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:55 pm

ImageImage

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next