Canada Kicks Ass
No one else is pointing it out so I guess I will

1  2  3  4  Next

Constantinople @ Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:06 pm

Avro Avro:
Has anyone else noticed from watching the footage and pictures coming out of New Oreleans show 99.9 percent of the people in despare are poor black people?

Why?
Why?
Why?

Is this a qusetion that should be asked? I know what some will call me but let's be fair, look at the pictures.

Why?

If these people had been white middle class folks would they have been left to fend for themselves?

Well.....what do you think?

Just an observation and a damn good question that should be answered.

Take another look before you answer.

This whole mess is making me sick and helpless.

Another question; how many days did it take the U.S. to respond to the Tsunami victims half way around the world and why has it taken 5 days in their own country?

Why?
Why?
Why?

Because obviously we're less racist towards Asian Muslims than we are towards African-American Baptists. It's all about racism, don't you see?

.... :roll:

Why don't you just say you think it's racism rather than bumbling about like the busy bee that you think you are.

Constantinople @ Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:08 pm

Avro Avro:
I never said that, just a question.

Why?

Was it merely speculative?

canucker @ Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:09 pm

I don't know whether it's racism. The population there is predominately black. I just think the US was so busy with their nose in other countries, that they forgot to take care of their own until it was too late. Now they are scrambling.

PostManPat @ Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:16 pm

hmm now that i think about it you're right...most footage is of Blacks...but from watching movies like 'Bowling for Columbine' it was shown that American Media, usually bad, is mostly focused on Blacks. Good question...though lol

canucker @ Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:20 pm

There was a picture on a media site that showed a black person looting something like a TV, and a white person looting bread. Racist?

ridenrain @ Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:22 pm

You got this one Avro, now run with it..
You'll make Michael Moore proud some day.

Fu22y_Lojik @ Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:24 pm

I totally agree, I was asking my wife the same thing. It is heart breakingly obvious that the majority of those afflicted are the bototm third of the souths society, and growing up in the southern US I can assure you that the bottom third is predominately black, hispanic or other minority groups.

I'll put it this way, I saw mansions underwater, but I never saw a white family clinging for life on the roof of a mansion. Why, because they had the means to evacuate, the cars, the planes, the friends, or more importantly the money for hotels to spend on the possibility they may need to leave. The poor man with no money for even a car, let alone a hotel cannot leave. And sadly that poor man is more often than not a person of colour in the southern US. Is that a product of racism, of course it is, to suggest otherwise you suggest that they are an inferior group, thus proving that you yourself are a racist. After all, the black man, woman, and child has been supposedly equal in our society since before anyone I know can remember. Clearly they are not treated equally.

Is it racism why they're not helping enough though?I think not. I think it is a president and governemnt that is far too concerned about politics than humanity. Too worried about upper class morality.

How can they be concerned about looting as people die and suffer like that. It is a travesty that they are concerend about looting. Life is being looted in my opinion.

So I would say that the poor reaction is not a subject of racism, but the bottom third is predominately black because of racism IMHO. Therefore the cause is a result of racism.

JM2C
I'll get of fmy soapbox now.

Constantinople @ Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:25 pm

Avro Avro:
I never said that, just a question.

Why?

What's the matter, you don't like questions?

You like to ask them, so shall I.

Oh, is Avro being courageous? Yay! [cheer]

The Lumberjack @ Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:26 pm

As of the census2 of 2000, there are 484,674 people, 188,251 households, and 112,950 families residing in the city. The population density is 1,036.4/km² (2,684.3/mi²). There are 215,091 housing units at an average density of 459.9/km² (1,191.3/mi²). The racial makeup of the city is 28.05% White, 67.25% African American, 0.20% Native American, 2.26% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.93% from other races, and 1.28% from two or more races. 3.06% of the population are Hispanic or Latino of any race.

Demographics

It did cross my mind too - but then I did see whites there on the TV tonight.

PostManPat @ Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:28 pm

Avro Avro:
lol?

Sorry but this is far from funny.

sorry, its not i think the situation is funny, its just how you you can watch something for days and be so blind only to have someone point it out.

twister @ Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:28 pm

realistically most of the people there are democrats.. though the state went republician.. Bush is helping them out the way they helped him out in the last election..

Do you actually think for a second in Galveston Texas had been Hit full force by Katrinia.. it would have taken 5 days for Bush to get stuff to his loyal voters in Texas.. Or If Florida took the brunt.. he would have been handloading supplies off the aircraft to help his brother Jeb.
This stinks to high heaven.. because this administration doesn't give a crap about anything except what haliburton or General dynamics has a hand in...
They can take the kids of the poor families from areas like louisianna/ georgia with promises of college degrees and GI Bills stick them into "guards" forces that aren't regular forces ship their asses to IRAQ so they can come back in pieces or in body bags.
They strip funding away from the levy rebuilding that would have saved lives and helped to prevent this tragedy.

Kinda off topic.. but sort of need to blow some steam...
They will never take out Osama because it's not in their best interests to do so. Yes the creeping figure of terrorism is out there ask the British about the IRA, ask the isreali's about the PLO.. ask the spanish about the basques...It is out there but will backwater tennesse have the "pump and serve " blown sky high by some Muslim extremist under direct orders from a cave in Afganistan... hmmm not likely... What color is the terror alert at today..didn't hear can someone tell me? What color would you like it to be George..? Fear works.. to hold onto power, fear works to subjegate the masses, fear works.. so hide hide hide... FDR said it best.. "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
"Fear is a path to the dark side Georgey... I sense much fear in you..." Yoda

1  2  3  4  Next