Canada Kicks Ass
The Omnibus Deplorables Thread

Previous  1 ... 48  49  50  51  52  53  54 ... 96  Next

Scape @ Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:55 pm

Scape @ Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:17 pm

Scape @ Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:07 am

Scape @ Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:24 pm

Regressive Reactionaries are everything they claim to hate. I pity them. I remember Adam from the man show and he was at the peak of his career then. It is pathetic to see him just coast like this into another Dennis Miller.

Thanos @ Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:30 pm

Dave Rubin used to have some fairly decent commentary to make. And his show used to have a wide variety of guests, not just a bunch of alt-righters and Trump apologists. Damn shame to see him assort these days with the likes of Prager and Shapiro. :|

Scape @ Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:37 pm

Rubin was a joke even during his TYT run. He's a pre-madonna that has never done any of the heavy lifting. He is, as is Shapiro and Prager, intellectual flyweights. All spin no substance. They are the spawn of Limbaugh and Levin:

This is what an echo chamber looks like when no one but zealots listen to you.

Thanos @ Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:22 pm

I have some residual respect for Rubin though. He was one of the few, along with Bill Maher, that gave Sam Harris a platform when Harris went up against militant Islam and got attacked as a racist by all the liberals for doing so.

Scape @ Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:57 pm

I had the same respect for Christopher Hitchens and his critique of waterboarding. That said Levin is no Hitchens. I may have disagreed with Hitchens but I could at least respect his position was from a position of rational and not rhetoric.

There needs to be more intellectual weight on the current proponents of the ideological right rather than what we have today. Jordan Peterson is the only oasis of rational though in a long time to that end and it is why he was propelled into the spotlight so quickly.

Levin may be a soundboard for the right but I reject him outright if he can only offer rhetoric. Having guests on that reveal the flaws of his opponents only shows that he has no scruples if he has nothing to add to the conversation other than talking points that amount to spitballs from the back of the classroom.

Tricks @ Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:04 pm

Levin is an asshat. I couldn't stand to watch more than 5 minutes of him earlier this year. The amount of bullshit that flows out of that guy's mouth is almost impressive.

Thanos @ Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:08 pm

Levin's an outright psychopath. And much more dangerous even than the icky & pedantic likes of Rush Limpbaugh or Sean Hannity. Those clowns are just catamites engaging in the endless suck-up and talking-point promotion that's propelled them through their lives. But Levin's the type that would merrily stuff an unventilated room with "enemies" and then open up the gas valves if Dear Leader asked him to.

Scape @ Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:10 pm

Fox News won a court case by 'persuasively' arguing that no 'reasonable viewer' takes Tucker Carlson seriously

DrCaleb @ Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:51 pm

They aren't wrong.

raydan @ Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:06 pm

Reminds me of this...

$1:
“Now It Can Be Told: Those Pro Wrestlers Are Just Having Fun,” read the New York Times headline on Feb. 10, 1989. The article centered around how “spokesmen for the World Wrestling Federation” had testified before the New Jersey State Senate that pro wrestling was strictly entertainment, a performance instead of a competition, with the goal of deregulating wrestling in the state. Netting just a single nay vote, the deregulation bill passed the Senate. Just like that, after decades of wrestlers and promoters fighting cries of fakery, the jig was up. The coverage in the Times and elsewhere treated this as a momentous occasion, the first time the truth had ever come out, but the real story is a lot more complicated.

DrCaleb @ Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:50 am

$1:
Winnipeg woman feared for her life as man in truck relentlessly rammed her car

A Winnipeg woman is certain she and her father could have died after she says a man in a white truck pursued her through the city's west end and repeatedly struck her vehicle.

Kiana Jobo was driving her father to the bank on Thursday at about 3 p.m. when she decided to make a left turn off of Sargent Avenue onto Milt Stegall Drive.

Jobo says another driver going eastbound on Sargent was turning right at the same intersection, so she inched forward to ensure it was safe to make the turn.

"A man in ... a white Chevy Colorado aggressively drove up to my vehicle in the intersection and stopped right in front of my car and got extremely and unreasonably aggressive realizing that I was in his lane. And so he starts honking his horn and flipping me off," Jobo said.

The situation took a turn for the worse when Jobo says he followed her down the road and began ramming her four-door Hyundai repeatedly. When she managed to drive away, back down Milt Stegall Drive toward Sargent, she says he followed her.

"It was traumatizing," she said.

Jobo took off speeding, and says she was pursued by the man. She blew through stop signs, she says, going up to 80 kilometres per hour southbound on Valour Road, while being repeatedly rammed from behind, causing her to hit a number of other cars parked on the street.

. . .

Const. Rob Carver with the Winnipeg Police Service told CBC News that a 57-year-old man will be charged with one count of dangerous operation of a vehicle and was released until his court appearance.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba ... -1.5849469

herbie @ Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:50 pm

Assholiness is fashionable. Take a look at some car crash/ road rage videos on YouTube. Someone fucks up and cuts into a lane, the cammer (who could've backed off the gas or braked and tooted the horn) guns it, swerves around them, blares the horn for a solid two minutes, goes out of his way to NOT let the offender in ends up crashing into a barrier and then posts how it's the other person's fault.
Like the stupid don't realize they're stupid and are proud of it; assholes are so proud of being assholes they'll parade the fact.

Previous  1 ... 48  49  50  51  52  53  54 ... 96  Next