Guns, Ammo ‘Flying Off The Shelves’ In Virginia As Dems Pursue Confiscation

https://www.dailywire.com/news/guns-amm ... nfiscation

Black Friday got nothing on "Demonrat Friday" ! :lol:

Martin15 @ Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:58 pm

Next story coming up is the headline grabbing record sales of shovels. :lol:

BartSimpson @ Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:57 pm

Martin15 Martin15:
Next story coming up is the headline grabbing record sales of shovels. :lol:

No, that's because when you shoot and shovel you're supposed to be silent. 8)

N_Fiddledog @ Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:41 am

The story below connects with the subject of this thread.

Sounds like the story started with the Washington Post then left wing fringe media dug in and added to it. The one I'll show you is from the right. They gathered the pieces and assembled them all in a single story.

Basically it sounds like the spark that could kindle this flame could come from fringe actors on the fringes of right and left. They both have pro gun supporters. Sounds to me like a dangerous mix.

FBI Arrests Alleged Members Of Group ‘Preparing For Race War’ Ahead Of Virginia Gun Rally

$1:
Ahead of planned protests against Virginia Democrats’ four new gun control bills, the FBI has arrested three people who are allegedly members of a racist and anti-Semitic group “preparing for a race war.”

The charges against the alleged members of the white ethno-nationalist group include federal gun charges as well as alien-harboring charges related to helping one of the suspects, a Canadian citizen, get into the country illegally.

“The charges announced Thursday grew from an investigation of a collection of online extremists who refer to themselves as ‘the Base,’ which is the English translation of al-Qaeda,” The Washington Post reports. “According to experts who track hate groups, its members promote racist views and seek to unite different hate groups in preparation for a race war.”

“Officials said Brian Mark Lemley Jr., 33, and William Bilbrough IV, 19, both of Maryland, were charged with transporting an alien and conspiring to harbor an alien,” the Post reports. “Lemley is also charged with transporting a machine gun. Also charged is Patrik Mathews, 27, who has been living in Newark, Del. He is accused of transporting a firearm and ammunition with the intent to commit a felony.”

The Post reports that Mathews is a former member of the Canadian army reserve who went missing in August, having allegedly crossed illegally into the U.S., meeting Lemley and Bilbrough in Michigan before they traveled back to Maryland and Delaware. Lemley also served in the military, as a U.S. Army scout.

“Lemley, Mathews, and Bilbrough are members of a white supremacist organization named ‘The Base,'” the complaint against the suspects reads. “Within The Base’s encrypted chat rooms, members have discussed, among other things, recruitment, creating a white ethno-state, committing acts of violence against minority communities (including African-Americans and Jewish-Americans), the organization’s military-style training camps, and ways to make improvised explosive devices.”

The complaint states that an FBI agent witnessed Lemley firing a “machine gun” he and Mathews constructed at a gun range in Maryland on Jan. 2.

The arrests come ahead of protests planned to begin Monday at the state’s capital, protests which will reportedly include pro-Second Amendment protesters from both the left and the right.

While Second Amendment protesters are frequently assumed to be from the right, as Vice reports, members of the far-left Antifa say they also are planning to attend the rally next week in Richmond — but not because they intend to harass the “right-wingers.”

“Antifa Seven Hills, based in Richmond, are opposing the slew of gun bills introduced by the newly Democratic Legislature since November, because they say those types of laws are used primarily to criminalize poor people, minorities, and leftists — and to bolster law enforcement’s power,” Vice reports.

A spokesperson for the group, who requested anonymity, told Vice, “I think it’s been pretty important for us to focus on the fact that gun control in America has a legacy of racist enforcement. Like taking guns away from black people, because black people were perceived as a threat to property and the sanctity of the state.”

“The local antifa chapter’s engagement in this issue is another example of the resurgence of pro-gun leftists in America and yet more evidence that the gun-rights debate is growing increasingly politically diffuse and nuanced beyond simply being a GOP issue,” Vice notes.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/fbi-arre ... -gun-rally

N_Fiddledog @ Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:29 am

The guy below has some opinions on the subject though. He doesn't think rumors of attacks from the fringes matter:

The more I hear the more I don't know what to think.

PluggyRug @ Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:32 am

N_Fiddledog @ Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:31 pm

Yeah, that roundup sounds about right. I prefer it to the one I posted.

xerxes @ Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:58 pm

rickc @ Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:07 pm

xerxes xerxes:

Assholes like that in our government is why we had a revolution!!!

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:15 pm

xerxes xerxes:

Amen to that. R=UP

Thanos @ Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:19 pm

I'd tend to trust military people who hate that kind of behaviour & attitude about firearms more than I ever would some 500-lb neckbeard who walks around a Walmart carrying an AR-15 just because "it's his right to do so". CCW by responsible people is one thing. Some bozo doing that with a long-gun though is done just out of pure intimidation specifically intended to scare the hell out of everyone, not just whatever supposed "bad guys" they believe they're going to encounter. I don't support the changes Virginia is trying to implement but it doesn't put the extremist dickbags on the zero-regulation side in the right either.

N_Fiddledog @ Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:51 pm

What was kind of amazing is there was everybody from the fringes of antifa to the fringes of the far right at the rally against gun-grabbing today and it was peaceful. I heard an estimate of 30,000 attendees. Fake News was predicting another Charlottesville.

Dana Loesch gets the details from somebody who was there:

I hear the women's march did not to so well. Crowds there dissipated to a couple hundred communists in the largest cities.

xerxes @ Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:09 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 @ Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:14 am

If you're looking for objectivity from the media on this matter, fugget about it. There was a news report recently from the US about a semi-automatic rifle being stolen from a police car. Notice how it wasn't described as a "military [style] assault rifle"?

Meanwhile, the Liberals show how so out of touch they are, in the gun grab legislation they say they won't be bringing back the LGR because it's not fair to farmers and hunters because "they don't use 'assault rifles'". Now, that is a total load of shit because there's no shortage of Canadian hunters AND farmers who own/use semi-automatic rifles.

In fact, the three most popular hunting rifles in Canada (as of 2015) are all semi-autos; the Norinco M14S or M305, the Tavor TAR-21, and the Norinco Type 97. The TAR-21 was even available in Canada before it was available in the US.

stratos @ Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:46 am

xerxes xerxes:

And the poor baby signed up to defend those very rights. :roll

Makes me wonder about the status of our military when things like this come out.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next