Category: Political
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2014-08-22 00:27:54
Canadian

martin14 @ Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:23 am

Good.

Bye.

Freakinoldguy @ Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:20 am

I was going to say something nasty about her departure but this says it alot more succinctly and politely than I could.

$1:
NDP sources fired back saying Hassainia has never before voiced concern over Mulcair's position on Israel and accused her of simply looking for an excuse to cover the fact that she rarely shows up for work.

bootlegga @ Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:59 am

$1:
A source close to Mulcair said the party bent over backwards trying to accommodate Hassainia's need to be with her young children, even letting her use the leader's office to breastfeed. But still the party's whip, Nycole Turmel, was frustrated in her efforts to get Hassainia to show up for votes and perform other parliamentary duties.

Hassainia acknowledges she refused to attend evening votes in the Commons after her second child was born in June 2013, feeling she was no longer ready to sacrifice her family life. She accuses the party of doing next to nothing to help her balance the demands of Parliament and the two toddlers at home.

"For them to come out with my attendance record, I find that petty," said Hassainia. "A party that talks about work-life balance and wants to recruit new women candidates for 2015, and young women who could have children, if you want that to happen you have to given them tools to also bloom at home."

What a load of crap - put them in a daycare for a few hours a day or hire a babysitter like most other Canadians do so that you can show up for work. Let's be honest, she earns enough as an MP that she should be able to easily afford one. If that's a problem, hire a nanny.

Talk about lazy and entitled...