Canada Kicks Ass
John, leader of �the Beatles,� is the masked killer in ISIS beheading video, former hostage says

1  2  Next

Newsbot @ Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:42 am

Title: John, leader of �the Beatles,� is the masked killer in ISIS beheading video, former hostage says
Category: World
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2014-08-22 01:00:09

BRAH @ Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:42 am

How many Jihad John's does Canada have running around?

andyt @ Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:48 am

Do we really need a separate thread for this breathless announcement? It doesn't tell us anything. Why not combine all the ISIS related threads the way Gaza was combined.

martin14 @ Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:53 am

andyt andyt:
Do we really need a separate thread for this breathless announcement? It doesn't tell us anything. Why not combine all the ISIS related threads the way Gaza was combined.

Why not leave the modding to someone else ?

Delwin @ Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:32 am

But you are moderating him and now I am moderating you. See what's going on here ?

andyt @ Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:34 am

"Everything in moderation, including moderation." Love it when somebody sets me up for that line. Thanks Delwin.

martin14 @ Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:45 am

Delwin Delwin:
But you are moderating him and now I am moderating you. See what's going on here ?

There are moderators on this site already, in case you haven't noticed.

Thankfully, none of them are you.

Jabberwalker @ Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:48 am

That would explain his London accent, coming from Liverpool and all.

N_Fiddledog @ Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:15 am

andyt andyt:

Let me answer those questions with some questions of my own at first.

Why is this news story currently rated as #1 on the front page?

Why is it always the left wing that objects to people hearing stories they would prefer the larger audience did not hear?

Why do we assume that because these rabble.ca types whine the loudest, that they represent the majority here? They don't.

Now as to why I posted it as a current news story rather than attach it to the current thread which is hidden in the members only section and deals specifically with the attacks in Iraq I say this...

Some subjects are global in scope, or have a specifically Canadian edge to them. In general they can separate themselves as being important enough to stand out as current news to the wider audience that might visit CKA.

Now me, what I do, and will continue to do until I'm told not to by somebody that matters, is I'll post such stories on the front page if I believe they will have a particular interest to a wider audience outside of the focus of the hidden members only thread for the reasons listed above.

Now you don't like it that too many people will hear news you don't want them to hear about, but that's your problem.

andyt @ Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:30 pm

I've heard plenty about this on the lieberal lamestream media (used both terms since I can never figure out which one applies when). It's newsworthy, part of the discussion of western jihadis. Not sure it's such breathless news that it needs a whole new thread started. Both the multiple threads for gaza and ukraine got combined into one, so should anything about ISIS. Maybe if the US takes out al-Bagdaddy, that would merit a separate thread in my eyes.

N_Fiddledog @ Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:17 pm

And if Palestinians and their sympathizers start circle kicking women on the streets of Calgary again I'll post it is a separate story on the front page rather than in the Hamas thread.

Yeah I'll know you Rabble.ca types will whine about it, because you won't want the story to get too much exposure, and I'll say the same thing to you then I'm saying to you now. Get stuffed.

andyt @ Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm

I don't know what Rabble.ca is. But, keep on fighting the good fight. In your own mind, at least.

N_Fiddledog @ Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:32 pm

In any case this story has to do with more than ISIS in Iraq.

It has to do with radicalization in other countries including Canada, and the political pressures being applied here in the West to discover who this "John" guy is and who his little crew of "Beatles" were over here.

Rabble.Ca = Canadian far left. Whine about that one if you like.

Zipperfish @ Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:49 pm

What a sullying of the name of a wonderful band.

edit: to clarify, I'm talking about the Beatles. Apparently Isis is a pretty good band too.

Thanos @ Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:51 pm

Oogly googly moogly, Joey-Joe-Joe Jr. Shabbadow.

1  2  Next