Canada Kicks Ass
Want to try this killer 8,000 calories breakfast' Sign on th

Newsbot @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:59 pm

Title: Want to try this killer 8,000 calories breakfast' Sign on the dotted line
Category: lifestyle
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2014-09-30 14:36:08

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:59 pm

black pudding would disqualify me. My dad loves it, but to me it's like eating a giant scab/blood clot.

In the end it'll be some skinny little bugger like Yogi who'll choke it all down......and then ask for a pepsi and ice cream :?

raydan @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:14 pm

At my age, I prefer quality and variety... quantity comes in third now.

I'm also with SD on this, black pudding. PDT_Armataz_01_32

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:21 pm

The first time I had it served to me was by my paternal grandmother. My dad was raving about how he looked forward to black pudding(blood sausage) as a kid......bleeeeeeech. I took a look and with great trepidation, took a bite....first and last time. I'll eat haggis any day over that shite. Now headcheese I like

BartSimpson @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:28 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
black pudding would disqualify me. My dad loves it, but to me it's like eating a giant scab/blood clot.

Okay, I think I'm safe checking this off of the things I might try someday. The scab/clot imagery pretty much guarantees projectile vomiting.

Thanos @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:32 pm

8O

raydan @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:41 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Now headcheese I like

My dad used to buy pig heads and make his own.

Loved the stuff but never tried store-bought... so I haven't had any since he died. :(

Hyack @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:53 pm

The English and the Scots have the problem of TOO DAMN MUCH SALT when it comes to their blood puddin', sausages, gammon, bacon etc. I can't remember the number of times I was told "just try a wee bit" with your brekkie when staying in B&Bs in England and Scotland. Funny thing I found over there was the farther north I got in Great Britain/Scotland the nicer and more down to earth the people got, especially once they found out I was a Canadian, not just another "Bloody American"......

BartSimpson @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:18 pm

Hyack Hyack:
Funny thing I found over there was the farther north I got in Great Britain/Scotland the nicer and more down to earth the people got, especially once they found out I was a Canadian, not just another "Bloody American"......

Funny thing, back in the day I'd made the trip to the Cameronians museum and was greeted at the door by a dour old puss who called me a 'Bloody Yank' and not in the friendly way. I didn't say a word and instead turned around and left.

I'd been there to donate/return a VC that belonged to one of their troop from the 1800's that I'd come across in a Bangalore market. Instead I donated it to the museum at Annapolis.

Little did I know at the time that I was 98% Scottish although I'm not sure it would have made much difference.

martin14 @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:44 pm

They been watching too much.... Man vs. Food. :lol: