Newsbot @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:47 pm

Title: Airline Passenger With Ebola Is Under Treatment in Dallas
Category: Health
Posted By: saturn_656
Date: 2014-09-30 15:44:05

saturn_656 @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:47 pm

It's here.

Delwin @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:45 pm

Glad they caught it, hopefully the patient hasn't effected anyone else. Time to set a date for a travel ban. A few weeks for N.American nationals to get out, strict screening on those coming back, then full on flight ban til it dies down. Maybe allowances for those employed in the health profession. I may be paranoid, but it doesn't make the threat any less real.

I don't feel comfortable putting my life in the hands of African health authorities.

What do we really have to lose with a ban ? If thing die down, it is an easy decision to reverse.

Worst case scenario, someone gets it who has poor sanitation practices and works in the food or restaurant industry.

Jabberwalker @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:53 pm

The bad news is that he drove a cab for a week in Dallas ...

Jabberwalker @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:56 pm

No, he didn't but that is all that it would take to cause a big problem. I have all faith that Canadians and Americans could contain an outbreak here. It is less virulent than SARS, apparently. If a boat person introduced it to Southern Europe, though, it could catch like a forest fire through the immigrant diaspora, there.

Delwin @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:17 pm

Bad news, all the other infected patients don't have health insurance and decided to "ride out their flu".

Remember this:

Ebola has up to an 18% chance of coming to America. Here's why you don't need to panic.
http://www.vox.com/2014/9/6/6111275/cha ... hts-planes

Guess we rolled a 6. :(

Jabberwalker @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:22 pm

No health insurance, no bed for you, you bum.

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:26 pm

$1:
Glad they caught it, hopefully the patient hasn't effected anyone else

Lots of fellow passengers were likely affected finding out about it, but I'd be more worried about anyone being infected.

Delwin @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:28 pm

Yeah, yeah; affected, effected, infected. Tomaato, tomato, tornado. :D

jj2424 @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:48 pm

Why are there plane loads of people flying out of Liberia? The WHO is over there crying for help to contain it yet they leave the barn door wide open. Makes no sense.

Jabberwalker @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:52 pm

Yup. couldn't leave Toronto during SARS. We just put our dead out to the curb every morning.

jj2424 @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:54 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
Yup. couldn't leave Toronto during SARS. We just put our dead out to the curb every morning.

Yeah sure :roll: as if Liberia is a HUB of something?

Delwin @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:57 pm

Preppers are probably losing their shit right now.

Jabberwalker @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:59 pm

jj2424 jj2424:

You mean that Toronto REALLY IS World class?

It means that much?

jj2424 @ Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:02 pm

jj2424 jj2424:

You mean that Toronto REALLY IS World class?

It means that much?

No don't get your hopes up. It's just a shithole where a lot of people have to go to get somewhere else... :P :lol:

1  2  3  4  5  6  Next